Our favorite over-worked, ever-raging, and death metal-loving red panda is back! A stage event at the Taipei Comic Exhibition on Monday announced that Netflix has green-lit the production of a third season of Aggretsuko. Rareko, director of the first two seasons, stated during the event that he has already squeezed out all that he could into the first two seasons, so much so that he feels that there is nothing more to be said for Aggretsuko. While he admitted that he is not ready yet for the upcoming third season, he is eager to start work on it and hopes that fans will look forward to the new season.
Anime News Network describes the series’ story as such:
”Retsuko is a 25-year old red panda who works in her dream company’s accounting department. But it turns out that she is forced to keep doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers. She doesn’t talk back to them, but she still has to let off steam, so she ends up going to karaoke by herself and singing death metal.”
Aggretsuko, known as Aggressive Retsuko (“Aguresshibu Retsuko)” in Japan, is a character created by Yeti for Japanese mascot company Sanrio, home of the world-famous Hello Kitty. The anthropomorphic red panda first appeared in a series of animated shorts on TBS Television between April 2016 to March 2018. Aggretsuko’s first animated series was produced by Fanworks and was directed by Rareko.
Aggretsuko first season premiered on Netflix worldwide on April 2018. The season was composed of 10 episodes, each 15 minutes long. Rareko returned to direct the series, still under the production and animation of studio Fanworks. He also penned the scripts for all 10 episodes. Netflix also aired a special Christmas episode for Aggretsuko which premiered last December. The series’ second season, which is also composed of 10 episodes, premiered on June 14 of this year.
Source: Anime News Network
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC