Our favorite over-worked, ever-raging, and death metal-loving red panda is back! A stage event at the Taipei Comic Exhibition on Monday announced that Netflix has green-lit the production of a third season of Aggretsuko. Rareko, director of the first two seasons, stated during the event that he has already squeezed out all that he could into the first two seasons, so much so that he feels that there is nothing more to be said for Aggretsuko. While he admitted that he is not ready yet for the upcoming third season, he is eager to start work on it and hopes that fans will look forward to the new season.
Anime News Network describes the series’ story as such:
”Retsuko is a 25-year old red panda who works in her dream company’s accounting department. But it turns out that she is forced to keep doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers. She doesn’t talk back to them, but she still has to let off steam, so she ends up going to karaoke by herself and singing death metal.”
Aggretsuko, known as Aggressive Retsuko (“Aguresshibu Retsuko)” in Japan, is a character created by Yeti for Japanese mascot company Sanrio, home of the world-famous Hello Kitty. The anthropomorphic red panda first appeared in a series of animated shorts on TBS Television between April 2016 to March 2018. Aggretsuko’s first animated series was produced by Fanworks and was directed by Rareko.
Aggretsuko first season premiered on Netflix worldwide on April 2018. The season was composed of 10 episodes, each 15 minutes long. Rareko returned to direct the series, still under the production and animation of studio Fanworks. He also penned the scripts for all 10 episodes. Netflix also aired a special Christmas episode for Aggretsuko which premiered last December. The series’ second season, which is also composed of 10 episodes, premiered on June 14 of this year.
Source: Anime News Network
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages
- Anime Films “Doraemon” and “Butt Detective” Latest Victims of the Japan-South Korea Trade War
- Hajime no Ippo Gets First Stage Play, Will Be Written & Directed by Ippo’s Original VA in the Anime Series