The official website for upcoming baseball girls anime Tamayomi has unveiled a new teaser visual on its official website Monday. The visual features the two female leads and childhood friends Yomi Takeda and Tamaki Yamazaki. Check it out below!
Tamayomi’s official website also announced that the series is slated for a spring 2020 premiere, with no definite date set yet as of this writing.
The website also revealed the main staff who will be working on the anime. The series will be directed by Toshinori Fukushima (Major, Beyblade the Movie: Fierce Battle) for Studio A-Cat (Frame Arms Girl), who will be producing the series. Series composition will be handled by Touko Machida (Wake Up, Girls!, Harukana Receive) while Koichi Kikuta (KONOSUBA, Fruits Basket 2019) will handle character design.
Anime News Network describes the manga’s story as such:
”The manga’s story centers on pitcher Yomi Takeda. In junior high, her baseball club did not get far because it lacked a catcher that could catch Yomi’s “miracle ball.” Yomi quit baseball, graduated from junior high, and enrolled at Shin Koshigaya High School. Yomi reunited with her childhood friend Tamaki Yamazaki at her new school. Tamaki has skill as a catcher and can even catch the ball when Yomi pitches with all her strength. Now that the two of them have been reunited, they then aim to bring their high school baseball club to the national championships.”
Tamayomi is a baseball manga series written by Mountain Pukuichi. It is being serialized in Houbunsha’s seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Forward since April 2016. So far, five tankobon volumes have been released for the series, with the fifth volume shipped out just last March 12. The manga’s sixth tankobon is set to be shipped on September 12.
Source: Anime News Network
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC