Netflix has just announced this Monday that their upcoming live-action of adaptation of Haro Aso’s survival manga Alice in Borderland will star Kento Yamazaki (live-action Kingdom, Your Lie in April, Orange, Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku) and Tao Tsuchiya (live-action Rurouni Kenshin, Orange, Library Wars) as lead characters Ryohei Arisu and Yuzuha Usagi, respectively.
Netflix’s adaptation of Alice in Borderland will air on 190 countries worldwide on Netflix in 2020. Shinsuke Sato, director of the live-action Bleach and Kingdom, will be directing Alice in Borderland for Netflix. Sato will also write the scripts, along with Yoshiki Watabe and Yasuko Kuramitsu. ROBOT is credited for the series’ planning and production.
The manga tells the story of Ryohei Arisu, a high schooler who is bored with his life and finds the days tedious. One night, he wishes during a fireworks celebration that he live in a different world where life would be more exciting. He and his two delinquent friends Karube and Segawa are then transported to a post-apocalyptic parallel world called the Borderlands, where they must participate in survival games in order to stay alive and return to the real world. In this world they also meet Yuzuha Usagi, daughter of a mountaineer who is also a participant in the games.
Alice in Borderland is a suspense shonen manga series by Haro Aso. It was serialized in Shogakukan Shonen Sunday Super from 2010 to 2015, then moved to Weekly Shonen Sunday until its end in 2016. The manga produced two spin-off series, Chi no Kyokuchi – Daiya no King-hen, published in Weekly Shōnen Sunday from October 15, 2014 to February 4, 2015, and Alice on Borderroad, published in Shogakukan’s Monthly Sunday Gene-X from August 19, 2015 to February 19, 2018. The manga was also adapted into a three-episode OVA from 2014 to 2015, which was directed by Hideki Tachibana and produced by studio Silver Link.
Source: Anime News Network
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages
- Anime Films “Doraemon” and “Butt Detective” Latest Victims of the Japan-South Korea Trade War
- Hajime no Ippo Gets First Stage Play, Will Be Written & Directed by Ippo’s Original VA in the Anime Series