Sad news for those who are following the manga adaptation of hit light novel and anime Bakemonogatari, as it was announced this Wednesday that the manga will go on an indefinite hiatus. This is because the manga’s author Oh! great unfortunately caught a “sudden illness” which then caused a “number of issues” for the manga. According to the official Twitter account of Bakemonogatari, Oh! great is currently recovering from illness and is preparing to resume work on the manga, which just entered its climax. Staff will announce when the manga will come back once the date has been finalized.
Oh! great, real name Ogure Ito, is known as the creator of Air Gear, Junk Story—Tetsukuzu Monogatari, and Tenjho Tenge—which were all adapted into anime series. He also created hentai series such as Silky Whip and Naked Star.
Published in 2006 as a two-volume series, Bakemonogatari is the first in author NisiOisin’s Monogatari novel series. It was then adapted into an anime series in 2009 by studio Shaft. Bakemonogatari’s manga adaptation was launched in March 2018 in the Weekly Shonen Magazine, and is being serialized there ever since. The manga series has just recently shipped its sixth compiled book volume last July 17.
Publishing company Vertical holds the license for the North American release of both the light novel and the manga adaptation of Bakemonogatari, with the latter slated for an October English release. Vertical describes the story as such:
"One day, high-school student Koyomi Araragi catches a girl named Hitagi Senjougahara when she trips. But—much to his surprise—she doesn’t weigh anything. At all. She says an encounter with a so-called “crab” took away all her weight … Monsters have been here since the beginning. Always. Everywhere.”
We wish Oh! great a speedy and full recovery!
Source: Anime News Network
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play Adaptation
- Why Some Japanese Mobile Games End Service
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen