Sad news for those who are following the manga adaptation of hit light novel and anime Bakemonogatari, as it was announced this Wednesday that the manga will go on an indefinite hiatus. This is because the manga’s author Oh! great unfortunately caught a “sudden illness” which then caused a “number of issues” for the manga. According to the official Twitter account of Bakemonogatari, Oh! great is currently recovering from illness and is preparing to resume work on the manga, which just entered its climax. Staff will announce when the manga will come back once the date has been finalized.
Oh! great, real name Ogure Ito, is known as the creator of Air Gear, Junk Story—Tetsukuzu Monogatari, and Tenjho Tenge—which were all adapted into anime series. He also created hentai series such as Silky Whip and Naked Star.
Published in 2006 as a two-volume series, Bakemonogatari is the first in author NisiOisin’s Monogatari novel series. It was then adapted into an anime series in 2009 by studio Shaft. Bakemonogatari’s manga adaptation was launched in March 2018 in the Weekly Shonen Magazine, and is being serialized there ever since. The manga series has just recently shipped its sixth compiled book volume last July 17.
Publishing company Vertical holds the license for the North American release of both the light novel and the manga adaptation of Bakemonogatari, with the latter slated for an October English release. Vertical describes the story as such:
"One day, high-school student Koyomi Araragi catches a girl named Hitagi Senjougahara when she trips. But—much to his surprise—she doesn’t weigh anything. At all. She says an encounter with a so-called “crab” took away all her weight … Monsters have been here since the beginning. Always. Everywhere.”
We wish Oh! great a speedy and full recovery!
Source: Anime News Network
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages
- Anime Films “Doraemon” and “Butt Detective” Latest Victims of the Japan-South Korea Trade War
- Hajime no Ippo Gets First Stage Play, Will Be Written & Directed by Ippo’s Original VA in the Anime Series