A new teaser trailer was just revealed for the My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising– this Thursday. The 30-second teaser gives us just a few short glimpses of our favorite heroes, but most important of all is the sneak peek at the film’s villain, a character named Nine. Check it out below!
Director Kenji Nagasaki and scriptwriter Yousuke Kuroda were earlier announced to be reprising their roles from both the film and the TV series. More staff returns were also announced along with the release of the new teaser, such as Yoshihiko Umakoshi who will still handle character design and Yuuki Hayashi who will compose the film’s music. Creator Kohei Horikoshi is also on board as the general supervisor and original character designer for the Heroes: Rising movie. The movie will be produced by BONES, who also handled My Hero Academia’s TV series and first movie.
During the Hero Fes event in Japan last month, manga author Horikoshi has stated that the movie will be the last for the franchise, because “there won’t be a third film. Probably.” He elaborated on this, saying that the film is a finale of sorts to My Hero Academia, because the battles and story concepts that will be seen in the film is how he envisioned the manga’s final battle. To lighten the mood his somewhat sad pronouncement caused, Horikoshi teased that the movie will be even more “Plus Ultra” than the first, as it will involve the entire class 1-A (unlike in the first movie, where some members of the class were relegated to smaller roles).
My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising– is slated for a December 20, 2019 release.
Source: Anime News Network
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play Adaptation
- Why Some Japanese Mobile Games End Service
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen