A new teaser trailer was just revealed for the My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising– this Thursday. The 30-second teaser gives us just a few short glimpses of our favorite heroes, but most important of all is the sneak peek at the film’s villain, a character named Nine. Check it out below!
Director Kenji Nagasaki and scriptwriter Yousuke Kuroda were earlier announced to be reprising their roles from both the film and the TV series. More staff returns were also announced along with the release of the new teaser, such as Yoshihiko Umakoshi who will still handle character design and Yuuki Hayashi who will compose the film’s music. Creator Kohei Horikoshi is also on board as the general supervisor and original character designer for the Heroes: Rising movie. The movie will be produced by BONES, who also handled My Hero Academia’s TV series and first movie.
During the Hero Fes event in Japan last month, manga author Horikoshi has stated that the movie will be the last for the franchise, because “there won’t be a third film. Probably.” He elaborated on this, saying that the film is a finale of sorts to My Hero Academia, because the battles and story concepts that will be seen in the film is how he envisioned the manga’s final battle. To lighten the mood his somewhat sad pronouncement caused, Horikoshi teased that the movie will be even more “Plus Ultra” than the first, as it will involve the entire class 1-A (unlike in the first movie, where some members of the class were relegated to smaller roles).
My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising– is slated for a December 20, 2019 release.
Source: Anime News Network
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages
- Anime Films “Doraemon” and “Butt Detective” Latest Victims of the Japan-South Korea Trade War
- Hajime no Ippo Gets First Stage Play, Will Be Written & Directed by Ippo’s Original VA in the Anime Series