Get ready for the return of our favorite karuta players! The official website and social media channels of the Chihayafuru anime has just released a video preview for the anime’s upcoming third season. The video previews the upcoming season’s opening theme song “COLORFUL” by 99RadioService, who sung the opening themes for the previous seasons. You can watch the video here.
A new teaser visual was also revealed for the upcoming third season, which will still be directed by Morio Asaka for Madhouse.
The three main cast members were previously announced to return for this season: Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase), Mamoru Miyano (Taichi Mashima), and Yoshimasa Hosoya (Arata Wataya). More cast members were recently announced to be returning to the series, such as Tooru Nara as Yuusei Nishida, Ai Kayano as Kanade Oe, Tsubasa Yonaga as Tsutomu Komano, Megumi Han as Sumire Hanano, and Miyu Irino as Akihiro Tsukuba.
Some cast members, however, were replaced by new voice actors: Dr. Harada will now be voiced by Kenta Miyake (who also voices All Might in My Hero Academia), while Taeko Miyauchi will now be voiced by Yoshino Ohtori. Both characters’ original voice actors, Unsho Ishizuka and Toshiko Fujita respectively, passed away last year.
Sentai FIlmworks, which holds the English-language license for the anime, describes the series as such:
”Chihaya Ayase is a beautiful and headstrong young woman with a passion for karuta, a card game inspired by classical Japanese poetry. As a child, Chihaya was introduced to the game by a quiet, gifted transfer student named Arata, and she was instantly drawn to it. Now in high school and reunited with her childhood friend Taichi, Chihaya dreams of finding Arata and the three resuming their love of karuta, only to discover that Arata has quit the game due to personal reasons. Determined not to let Arata’s passion go to waste, Chihaya and Taichi form the Mizusawa High School Karuta Club, where they learn that in karuta – as in life – working toward your dreams is the key to winning, even when what you want seems just out of reach.”
Chihayafuru season 3 is set to air on October 2019. This season is scheduled to air for two cours (i.e., two quarters of a year).
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub
- ‘Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution’ will be Added on Netflix on February 27
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings