This Thursday Nintendo has officially launched the Nintendo Switch Lite, the newest addition to their Switch line of gaming consoles. Marketed as a Switch wholly dedicated to portable gameplay, the console is smaller, lighter, but does not carry over some of the features of the Nintendo Switch (understandably so). Unlike its big brother console, the Switch Lite cannot be connected to a TV and does not have the removable Joy-Cons (they are now integrated into the device), motion camera, and HD rumble. It also does not have the kickstand of the original Switch consoles.
Nintendo has released an introduction video for the device, which you can watch below.
The Switch Lite has a 5.5 inch touch display, as compared to the Switch’s 6.2 inch screen. Battery life of the Lite version was also reported to have a slight improvement from the original Switch, clocking in an average of 3 to 7 hours of gameplay depending on the game being played (the Switch’s average battery life is 2.5 to 6 hours).
Being a handheld device, the Switch Lite is only limited to games which can be played in handheld mode—this will be indicated in the boxes of Switch games as well as in the Nintendo eShop. For instance, if one attempts to buy a game from the eShop that doesn’t support handheld mode, Nintendo will alert them of this fact.
The Switch Lite will come in three pretty colors: yellow, gray, and turquoise. Nintendo will also sell a Pokemon Sword and Shield-themed Switch Lite, which will feature Zacian and Zamazenta. This Pokemon version, however, won’t be bundled with the game as the game won’t be released until November 15. The standard colors as well as the Pokemon-themed Switch Lite will retail at around $200. Nintendo Switch Lite is set for a Septmeber 20, 2019 worldwide release.
Date A Live Announces New Anime ProjectSep 18, 6amHeads up, Date A Live fans. A new anime project for the franchise has just been announced this Wednesday. According to the series’s official website, planning is underway for a new anime. However, it was not specified what form the project will take.
- New PV Revealed for Jet Ski Girls Anime “Kandagawa Jet Girls”
- Date A Live Announces New Anime Project
- New PV for Babylon TV Anime Previews OP Song, New Cast Members, 3 Story Arcs
- “Smile Down the Runway” Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
- Theatrical Screenings of Violet Evergarden Side-Story Gets Two-Week Extension Due to Success
- Character Visuals Unveiled for Upcoming Persona 5 Stage Play
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening