This Tuesday, Bandai Namco began streaming the opening animation for their upcoming smartphone game, Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare. Check it out below!
The said game is the first mobile game from the iconic franchise that will be made available to North American players. Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare will feature the highly popular Gunpla models of the Gundam franchise. In the game, players are taken to an in-game story where they must win tournaments in order to keep their school’s Gunpla club from being closed down. Players are challenged to build their own Gunpla models, mixing and matching different parts and accessories to build a powerful Gunpla—and then battling them with other players real-time. Players can also equip their favorite pilots from different Gundam series and pair them with their custom Gunplas to enhance their capabilities further.
The game is now also available for pre-registrations via the Google Play Store and iTunes App Store, with in-game rewards for certain tiers of pre-registrations: if the game reaches 100,000 pre-registrations, players will be rewarded with an RX-78-2 Gunpla model to be used in the game. If the game reaches the 200,000 mark, the reward will be the Wing Gundam which players can immediately use in the game.
Shinsuke Ninomiya, producer at Bandai Namco, says of the game: ““The GUNDAM BATTLE: GUNPLA WARFARE mobile game represents the culmination of the best aspects of GUNDAM; drawing from the lore of the anime universe, the charm of the Gunpla models and the excitement of bringing virtual GUNDAM into battle. We’ve enabled an unprecedented level of depth in customization, allowing players to build anything from an agile mecha armed with a sword to an armor-clad bastion equipped with powerful artillery. The game encourages countless unique builds and playstyles that fans from all corners of the GUNDAM universe can enjoy.”
Attendees at the San Diego Comic-Con on July 18-21 will get to experience the game first-hand, as Bandai Namco will be offering free game demos to attendees.
Source: Anime News Network
Date A Live Announces New Anime ProjectSep 18, 6amHeads up, Date A Live fans. A new anime project for the franchise has just been announced this Wednesday. According to the series’s official website, planning is underway for a new anime. However, it was not specified what form the project will take.
- New PV Revealed for Jet Ski Girls Anime “Kandagawa Jet Girls”
- Date A Live Announces New Anime Project
- New PV for Babylon TV Anime Previews OP Song, New Cast Members, 3 Story Arcs
- “Smile Down the Runway” Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
- Theatrical Screenings of Violet Evergarden Side-Story Gets Two-Week Extension Due to Success
- Character Visuals Unveiled for Upcoming Persona 5 Stage Play
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening