Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
The recently-concluded Hero Fes in Japan has some good and bad news for fans of hit superhero series My Hero Academia. Let’s get to the good news first: the title for the next movie has been announced! The franchise’s second film will be entitled My Hero Academia Movie
Heroes: Rising. Along with this announcement is the release of a teaser poster for the film which features Bakugo, Deku, All Might, and the words, “You’re next”. Check it out below!
And we don’t have to wait long for the movie, as it was also announced during the event that Heroes: Rising is slated for a December 20, 2019 release. Sweet!
And now, on to the bad news: the manga’s creator Kouhei Horikoshi has also stated that the movie will be the last for the franchise, because “there won’t be a third film. Probably.” He elaborated on this, saying that the film is a finale of sorts to My Hero Academia, because the battles and story concepts that will be seen in the film is how he visualized the final battle in the manga. To lighten the mood his somewhat sad pronouncement caused, Horikoshi teased that the movie will be more “Plus Ultra” than the first, as it will involve the entire class 1-A (unlike in the first movie, where some members of the class were relegated to smaller roles). So yes, while it’s kind of a sad news, there’s some silver lining there. And we aren’t even totally sure if this will indeed be the last film—after all, the massive success of Horikoshi’s creation might just make him reconsider.
Most of the original staff for the TV anime and the first film were announced to return for the second film, such as director Kenji Nagasaki and screenplay writer Yosuke Kuroda. Creator Kohei Horikoshi is also on board as the general supervisor and original character designer for the Heroes: Rising.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”