We have some more fresh news right off the just-concluded Anime Expo in Los Angeles: musical anime Carole & Tuesday is set to finally debut worldwide via Netflix on August 30! This news was announced during Fuji TV’s +Ultra panel at Anime Expo last Saturday. The worldwide Netflix release is set to include the first half of the anime which just finished airing in Japan.
The anime premiered last July 10 in Japan via Fuji TV’s +Ultra programming block. The series also aired at the same time in Netflix Japan, with a new episode getting added every Thursday. The worldwide release however, will not follow this format as the first half has already aired in Japan—it seems that all 12 episodes will be dropped on Netflix as one bulk, making it perfect for binge-watching for new viewers. And for those like me who indulged in fansubs, well, it’s time for a binge re-watch.
The second half of Carole & Tuesday will premiere in Japan on July 13, along with new theme songs for the series. The new OP song will be entitled ”Polly Jean" and will be performed by Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann (the singing voices of Carole and Tuesday, respectively). The song is composed by musician and producer Keigo Oyamada aka Cornelius.
Alisa, the singing voice of Angela, will be performing the show’s new ED theme, ”Not Afraid”. The ED is composed by Norwegian producer and singer Peder Losnegård aka Lido.
The series, a collaboration between Watanabe and Studio Bones, is described as a musical anime and the first Japanese-dubbed anime to have full English songs sung by foreign singers, with the music teased as a “soundtrack that transcends international boundaries”. Canadian singer and composer Mocky is composing the music for renowned anime studio Flying Dog, who is in charge of music production.
Last year Studio Bones opened global auditions for the singing voices of main characters Carole and Tuesday, with singers Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann winning the auditions. The series’ voice actors, on the other hand, are all Japanese, with Carole and Tuesday being voiced by Miyuri Shimabukuro and Kana Ichinose, respectively.
The series’ official site describes the story as such:
“Fifty years have passed since mankind began migrating to the new frontier: Mars.
It’s an age where most culture is produced by AI, and people are content to be passive consumers.
There’s a girl.
Scrapping a living in the metropolis of Alba City, she’s working part-time while trying to become a musician. She’s always felt like something is missing.
Her name is Carole.
There’s a girl.
Born to a wealthy family in the provincial town of Herschel City, she dreams of becoming a musician, but nobody around her understands. She feels like the loneliest person in the world.
Her name is Tuesday.
A chance meeting brings them together.
They want to sing.
They want to make music.
Together, they feel like they just might have a chance.
The two of them may only create a tiny wave.
But that wave will eventually grow into something larger…”
The series is directed by Motonobu Hori, with Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop as supervising director. The script is penned by Aya Watanabe and Eisaku Kubonouchi as original character designer.
Carole and Tuesday marks Studio Bones’ 20th anniversary and Flying Dog’s 10th year in the industry. The anime is set to air for two cours, or two quarters of the year.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”