The official website for the 2019 remake of Fruits Basket recently revealed new information about the currently running anime series. First, the announcement stated that the series’ 1st season is slated for 25 episodes. Now that we are on episode 13, this means that there are 12 more episodes to go before season 1 ends.
Next, the website revealed that the series will be getting new OP and ED songs. The new OP song will be entitled ”Chime”, and will be sung by Ai Ohtsuka. The new ending theme, ”One Step Closer””, will be sung by Intersection. Oh man, I’ll badly miss ”Lucky Ending” by Vickeblanka, so here’s to hoping that the new songs will be as good as the ones they’ll replace.
In addition, new cast members were also revealed for the rest of the zodiac members who are yet to be introduced. These are:
Kengo Kawanishi (Kisaki Matsuribi in Aldnoah Zero) as Ritsu Soma aka the monkey
Reina Ueda (Ruri in Dr. Stone) as Kisa Soma aka the tiger
You Taichi (Kenya in ERASED) as Hiro Soma aka the sheep
The animé is currently being aired TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, and other Japanese channels. Funimation has gained the exclusive rights to stream Fruits Basket and release it on home video.
The Furuba reboot is produced by TMS Entertainment under the direction of Yoshihide Ibata. The script is penned by Taku Kishimoto, and character designs are done by Masaru Shindo.
The first animé adaptation of Furuba, which was released in 2001, was famously denounced by Natsuki Takaya because she and Studio Deen ran into numerous creative disagreements. The end result was the animé series deviating from the original story in the manga, causing Takaya to reject offers for a remake or a second season—that is, until news came out last year that Takaya has finally agreed to a new adaptation. According to reports, she agreed on the condition of hiring an all-new cast and staff. TMS Entertainment, the studio handling the new adaptation, has also given Takaya lots of input in the process by naming her as the series’ Executive Supervisor.
Serialized from 1998 to 2006 in Hakusensha’s Hana to Yume magazine, Fruits Basket follows the story of sweet orphan girl Tohru Honda who ends up living with the members of the Soma clan. She is sworn to secrecy when she finds out that the Somas are cursed to turn into zodiac animals when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex.
Source: Anime News Network
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC