The official website for the 2019 remake of Fruits Basket recently revealed new information about the currently running anime series. First, the announcement stated that the series’ 1st season is slated for 25 episodes. Now that we are on episode 13, this means that there are 12 more episodes to go before season 1 ends.
Next, the website revealed that the series will be getting new OP and ED songs. The new OP song will be entitled ”Chime”, and will be sung by Ai Ohtsuka. The new ending theme, ”One Step Closer””, will be sung by Intersection. Oh man, I’ll badly miss ”Lucky Ending” by Vickeblanka, so here’s to hoping that the new songs will be as good as the ones they’ll replace.
In addition, new cast members were also revealed for the rest of the zodiac members who are yet to be introduced. These are:
Kengo Kawanishi (Kisaki Matsuribi in Aldnoah Zero) as Ritsu Soma aka the monkey
Reina Ueda (Ruri in Dr. Stone) as Kisa Soma aka the tiger
You Taichi (Kenya in ERASED) as Hiro Soma aka the sheep
The animé is currently being aired TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, and other Japanese channels. Funimation has gained the exclusive rights to stream Fruits Basket and release it on home video.
The Furuba reboot is produced by TMS Entertainment under the direction of Yoshihide Ibata. The script is penned by Taku Kishimoto, and character designs are done by Masaru Shindo.
The first animé adaptation of Furuba, which was released in 2001, was famously denounced by Natsuki Takaya because she and Studio Deen ran into numerous creative disagreements. The end result was the animé series deviating from the original story in the manga, causing Takaya to reject offers for a remake or a second season—that is, until news came out last year that Takaya has finally agreed to a new adaptation. According to reports, she agreed on the condition of hiring an all-new cast and staff. TMS Entertainment, the studio handling the new adaptation, has also given Takaya lots of input in the process by naming her as the series’ Executive Supervisor.
Serialized from 1998 to 2006 in Hakusensha’s Hana to Yume magazine, Fruits Basket follows the story of sweet orphan girl Tohru Honda who ends up living with the members of the Soma clan. She is sworn to secrecy when she finds out that the Somas are cursed to turn into zodiac animals when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”