Classic fantasy anime series Saint Seiya is gearing up for the international premiere of its 3DCG remake by Netflix! Just this Wednesday, Netflix Japan’s official Twitter account announced that UK rock band The Struts is set to perform the anime’s OP theme song entitled ”Pegasus Seiya”. The said song is an English cover version of Saint Seiya’s first OP theme song, ”Pegasus Fantasy”, which was used for the first anime adaptation of the series which ran from 1986 to 1989. ”Pegasus Fantasy” was originally performed by Japanese rock band MAKE-UP.
In addition to performing the English cover of Saint Seiya’s original OP, The Struts also provided the song ”Somebody New”, a track off their second album ”Young and Dangerous”, as Saint Seiya’s ED theme.
Netflix Japan’s official Twitter account also released some scene stills for the upcoming 3DCG anime. Check them out below!
The new adaptation is officially titled Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac, and is set to run for 12 episodes at 30 minutes each. The first season will follow the Galaxian Wars to the Silver Saints arc of the manga. Netflix released an official trailer for the series last year, which you can watch below:
Netflix describes the animé’s story as such:
“Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya follows modern day adventures of young warriors called “Knights”, who are sworn protectors of the reincarnated Greek goddess Athena. Each Knights wears a powerful armor based on their chosen zodiac constellation, and are called Knights of the Zodiac. They aid Athena in her battle against powerful Olympian gods who are bent on destroying the humankind.”
Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac will be animated by Toei Animation under the direction of Yoshiharu Ashino (CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon). Besides being the producer, Eugene Son is also the story editor and head writer. Character design will be done by Terumi Nishii (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable), while armor design will be done by Takashi Okazaki (Summer Wars). The series is set to premiere worldwide via Netflix on July 19.
Source: Crunchyroll News
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”