Classic fantasy anime series Saint Seiya is gearing up for the international premiere of its 3DCG remake by Netflix! Just this Wednesday, Netflix Japan’s official Twitter account announced that UK rock band The Struts is set to perform the anime’s OP theme song entitled ”Pegasus Seiya”. The said song is an English cover version of Saint Seiya’s first OP theme song, ”Pegasus Fantasy”, which was used for the first anime adaptation of the series which ran from 1986 to 1989. ”Pegasus Fantasy” was originally performed by Japanese rock band MAKE-UP.
In addition to performing the English cover of Saint Seiya’s original OP, The Struts also provided the song ”Somebody New”, a track off their second album ”Young and Dangerous”, as Saint Seiya’s ED theme.
Netflix Japan’s official Twitter account also released some scene stills for the upcoming 3DCG anime. Check them out below!
The new adaptation is officially titled Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac, and is set to run for 12 episodes at 30 minutes each. The first season will follow the Galaxian Wars to the Silver Saints arc of the manga. Netflix released an official trailer for the series last year, which you can watch below:
Netflix describes the animé’s story as such:
“Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya follows modern day adventures of young warriors called “Knights”, who are sworn protectors of the reincarnated Greek goddess Athena. Each Knights wears a powerful armor based on their chosen zodiac constellation, and are called Knights of the Zodiac. They aid Athena in her battle against powerful Olympian gods who are bent on destroying the humankind.”
Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac will be animated by Toei Animation under the direction of Yoshiharu Ashino (CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon). Besides being the producer, Eugene Son is also the story editor and head writer. Character design will be done by Terumi Nishii (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable), while armor design will be done by Takashi Okazaki (Summer Wars). The series is set to premiere worldwide via Netflix on July 19.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”