Classic fantasy anime series Saint Seiya is gearing up for the international premiere of its 3DCG remake by Netflix! Just this Wednesday, Netflix Japan’s official Twitter account announced that UK rock band The Struts is set to perform the anime’s OP theme song entitled ”Pegasus Seiya”. The said song is an English cover version of Saint Seiya’s first OP theme song, ”Pegasus Fantasy”, which was used for the first anime adaptation of the series which ran from 1986 to 1989. ”Pegasus Fantasy” was originally performed by Japanese rock band MAKE-UP.
In addition to performing the English cover of Saint Seiya’s original OP, The Struts also provided the song ”Somebody New”, a track off their second album ”Young and Dangerous”, as Saint Seiya’s ED theme.
Netflix Japan’s official Twitter account also released some scene stills for the upcoming 3DCG anime. Check them out below!
The new adaptation is officially titled Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac, and is set to run for 12 episodes at 30 minutes each. The first season will follow the Galaxian Wars to the Silver Saints arc of the manga. Netflix released an official trailer for the series last year, which you can watch below:
Netflix describes the animé’s story as such:
“Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya follows modern day adventures of young warriors called “Knights”, who are sworn protectors of the reincarnated Greek goddess Athena. Each Knights wears a powerful armor based on their chosen zodiac constellation, and are called Knights of the Zodiac. They aid Athena in her battle against powerful Olympian gods who are bent on destroying the humankind.”
Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac will be animated by Toei Animation under the direction of Yoshiharu Ashino (CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon). Besides being the producer, Eugene Son is also the story editor and head writer. Character design will be done by Terumi Nishii (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable), while armor design will be done by Takashi Okazaki (Summer Wars). The series is set to premiere worldwide via Netflix on July 19.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Date A Live Announces New Anime ProjectSep 18, 6amHeads up, Date A Live fans. A new anime project for the franchise has just been announced this Wednesday. According to the series’s official website, planning is underway for a new anime. However, it was not specified what form the project will take.
- New PV Revealed for Jet Ski Girls Anime “Kandagawa Jet Girls”
- Date A Live Announces New Anime Project
- New PV for Babylon TV Anime Previews OP Song, New Cast Members, 3 Story Arcs
- “Smile Down the Runway” Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
- Theatrical Screenings of Violet Evergarden Side-Story Gets Two-Week Extension Due to Success
- Character Visuals Unveiled for Upcoming Persona 5 Stage Play
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening