Voice actress Aimi Tanaka has recently made known to her fans via her Twitter account that she underwent an unspecified surgery some two weeks ago. She also allays fans’ worries by stating that she has already fully recovered and is set to return to work soon.
According to her tweet, she posted the said update as her fans have noticed that she has not posted anything for the past two weeks. Tanaka apologizes for this, and says that she prioritized recovering until she can safely work and do her daily activities. She ends her tweet by thanking everyone for their consideration, and assuring her fans that she will be back to work and will continue to do her best.
Aimi Tanaka has been voice-acting since 2013, usually landing minor, unnamed roles in anime series. Her first major voice-acting role was in 2015 for Himouto! Umaru-chan as the lead character herself, Umaru Domo. Her effective portrayal of the adorably weird Umaru-chan won the hearts of fans and ultimately led to her popularity.
Besides becoming popular with fans, Tanaka also earned accolades for her role as Umaru-chan, even winning the prestigious Best New Actress award at the 10th Seiyuu Awards in 2016. The year after, she reprised her role as Umaru Domo in the sequel anime Himouto! Umaru-chan R.
Anime News Network describes the anime’s story as such:
”The series centers around Taihei Doma and his little sister Umaru, who boasts beautiful looks as well as prowess in both school and sports. However, she has a certain secret. Everyone may think she is the ideal girl, but she is anything but. “Himōto” is a pun on “imōto” (little sister) and “himono,” which means “dried fish,” but in slang can refer to a woman who is proper in public but lazy at home.”
This year, Tanaka debuted as a professional singer, releasing her own mini-album entitled Cobalt under music label Wave Master.
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube