Voice actress Aimi Tanaka has recently made known to her fans via her Twitter account that she underwent an unspecified surgery some two weeks ago. She also allays fans’ worries by stating that she has already fully recovered and is set to return to work soon.
According to her tweet, she posted the said update as her fans have noticed that she has not posted anything for the past two weeks. Tanaka apologizes for this, and says that she prioritized recovering until she can safely work and do her daily activities. She ends her tweet by thanking everyone for their consideration, and assuring her fans that she will be back to work and will continue to do her best.
Aimi Tanaka has been voice-acting since 2013, usually landing minor, unnamed roles in anime series. Her first major voice-acting role was in 2015 for Himouto! Umaru-chan as the lead character herself, Umaru Domo. Her effective portrayal of the adorably weird Umaru-chan won the hearts of fans and ultimately led to her popularity.
Besides becoming popular with fans, Tanaka also earned accolades for her role as Umaru-chan, even winning the prestigious Best New Actress award at the 10th Seiyuu Awards in 2016. The year after, she reprised her role as Umaru Domo in the sequel anime Himouto! Umaru-chan R.
Anime News Network describes the anime’s story as such:
”The series centers around Taihei Doma and his little sister Umaru, who boasts beautiful looks as well as prowess in both school and sports. However, she has a certain secret. Everyone may think she is the ideal girl, but she is anything but. “Himōto” is a pun on “imōto” (little sister) and “himono,” which means “dried fish,” but in slang can refer to a woman who is proper in public but lazy at home.”
This year, Tanaka debuted as a professional singer, releasing her own mini-album entitled Cobalt under music label Wave Master.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido