Good news to fans of idol-band anime BanG Dream! The popular anime series has just released the first full trailer for its upcoming 3DCG concert film entitled, BanG Dream! FILM LIVE. The trailer was released earlier this week in the anime series’ official Youtube channel. Check it out below!
The trailer sees the band Poppin’ Party take centerstage, headed by its lead vocalist Kasumi Toyama (VA. Aimi). She is joined by the vocalists of the other BanG Dream! bands: Afterglow’s Ran Mitake (VA. Ayane Sakura), Pastel*Palettes’ Aya Maruyama (VA. Ami Maeshima), Roselia’s Yukina Minato (VA. Aina Aiba), and Hello! Happy World’s Kokoro Tsurumaki (VA. Miku Ito). In the trailer, we simply hear them being excited about the upcoming concert film, with Kokoro at the end of the trailer expressing hope that everyone see their film.
The concert movie is set to be released on September 13 in Japan, opening to over 56 theaters there. There is no news of an international screening (yet), but given how big BanG Dream! has grown with international audiences, we might hear news of it soon.
BanG Dream! is a multimedia franchise formed by Bushiroad in January 2015. The franchise is composed of releases in the form of manga, music CDs, live concerts, card games, a smartphone game named BanG Dream! Girls’ Band Party! developed by Craft Egg, and a TV anime series. The anime series has ran for two seasons so far; the first aired from January to April 2017, while the second ran from January to March 2019. A third season has also been announced for the series, which is set to air on January 2020.
Sentai Filmworks, which holds the English-language license for the anime, describes the first season as thus:
”When she was a child, Kasumi Toyama felt a heart-pounding thrill every time she gazed at the stars, and she’s been looking without success for something that could inspire the same feeling ever since. One day, she comes across a star-shaped guitar in a rundown pawnshop and, for the first time, discovers the thrill she’s been searching for. Kasumi becomes determined to form an all-girl band, and her search leads her to four like-minded souls: Saya, Arisa, Rimi, and Tae (all brought to life by the members of Poppin’ Party). Does this band have what it takes to make their dreams of stardom come true?”
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido