Good news to fans of idol-band anime BanG Dream! The popular anime series has just released the first full trailer for its upcoming 3DCG concert film entitled, BanG Dream! FILM LIVE. The trailer was released earlier this week in the anime series’ official Youtube channel. Check it out below!
The trailer sees the band Poppin’ Party take centerstage, headed by its lead vocalist Kasumi Toyama (VA. Aimi). She is joined by the vocalists of the other BanG Dream! bands: Afterglow’s Ran Mitake (VA. Ayane Sakura), Pastel*Palettes’ Aya Maruyama (VA. Ami Maeshima), Roselia’s Yukina Minato (VA. Aina Aiba), and Hello! Happy World’s Kokoro Tsurumaki (VA. Miku Ito). In the trailer, we simply hear them being excited about the upcoming concert film, with Kokoro at the end of the trailer expressing hope that everyone see their film.
The concert movie is set to be released on September 13 in Japan, opening to over 56 theaters there. There is no news of an international screening (yet), but given how big BanG Dream! has grown with international audiences, we might hear news of it soon.
BanG Dream! is a multimedia franchise formed by Bushiroad in January 2015. The franchise is composed of releases in the form of manga, music CDs, live concerts, card games, a smartphone game named BanG Dream! Girls’ Band Party! developed by Craft Egg, and a TV anime series. The anime series has ran for two seasons so far; the first aired from January to April 2017, while the second ran from January to March 2019. A third season has also been announced for the series, which is set to air on January 2020.
Sentai Filmworks, which holds the English-language license for the anime, describes the first season as thus:
”When she was a child, Kasumi Toyama felt a heart-pounding thrill every time she gazed at the stars, and she’s been looking without success for something that could inspire the same feeling ever since. One day, she comes across a star-shaped guitar in a rundown pawnshop and, for the first time, discovers the thrill she’s been searching for. Kasumi becomes determined to form an all-girl band, and her search leads her to four like-minded souls: Saya, Arisa, Rimi, and Tae (all brought to life by the members of Poppin’ Party). Does this band have what it takes to make their dreams of stardom come true?”
Source: Anime News Network
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC