If yesterday was Square Enix at E3, today it’s Nintendo’s turn to deliver good news to gamers all over the world. The most-talked about of all their announcements at E3 was a surprise reveal of the teaser trailer for the sequel of the hit 2017 game, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! Check it out below!
The less than two minutes trailer doesn’t give much, but gives just enough content for Zelda fans to be excited about. The teaser trailer shows us Link and Zelda venturing into what appears to be an ancient tomb—under Hyrule Castle, perhaps?—where a potentially malevolent and long-dormant being awakens. We then see a shot of a castle shaking and appearing to rise. The teaser trailer ends with the words, ”The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.” Just one sentence, but filled with so much promise and excitement. Yes, the trailer is not much, but nonetheless we’re all stoked for this!
Of course, we can’t really expect the game to be available in a year or two, but the patience for this sequel looks to be all worth it. Nintendo rarely ever gave Zelda games direct sequels, but perhaps the wild popularity and critical acclaim for the game nudged them to do so. So there’s a good chance that Nintendo intends to keep up to expectations—and perhaps even exceed them—for this sequel.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was first released for the Nintendo Switch and Wii U consoles on March 2017. The game is set at the end of the series’ timeline, with lead character Link waking up from a 100-year slumber to save the kingdom of Hyrule from Calamity Ganon. The game has sold over 14 million copies worldwide since its 2017 launch, and has gone on to be regarded as one of the greatest video games of all time.
Source: Anime News Network
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation