Yes folks, you read that right—just when we thought that it’ll take some more years for the FFVII remake, we get the official announcement that the game is already set for a March 3, 2020 worldwide release! This was announced by game director Tetsuya Nomura himself at the Final Fantasy VII – A Symphonic Reunion concert held this Sunday. Square Enix also previewed a short trailer at the event, which you can watch below.
However, Square Enix has announced way back 2015 that they plan to release the FFVII remake “across a multi-part series”. If they are indeed going to follow this initial plan, it could possibly mean that the game that will be released on March 2020 could just be the first of their planned multi-part release for the remake. As of this writing, there are no details yet on this, so the only thing we could do know is wait at least until Monday, when Square Enix will hold its press conference at the Electronic Entertainment Expo or E3.
We also get a new visual for the FFVII remake, featuring the ever-charismatic and formidable Sephiroth.
While this somewhat fast release of the FFVII remake comes as a surprise to many, it may not actually be so surprising at all given past statements from Nomura himself. In an interview last November 2018, he stated that Final Fantasy VIII Remake will be the next PR priority for Square Enix once Kingdom Hearts 3 is released. With KH3 already released last January, it was a given that the Final Fantasy VII remake is the next title on their priority list—and it appears that we will soon reap the benefits of that, next year.
Final Fantasy VII was first released for the PlayStation in 1997 and went on to become a landmark title for the Final Fantasy franchise, as well as a constant entry in “greatest video games of all time” lists. The remake was first announced in 2015.
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages