It was previously reported on this site that Sato’s yuri manga Fragtime is set to get an anime adaptation. Just today it was revealed that the adaptation the manga will be getting is actually a theatrical OVA. It’s quite unfortunate though, as fans were hoping that Fragtime will be getting a full-on anime adaptation. Nonetheless, check out the PV below!
The 1-minute trailer gives us a glimpse into the warm, fuzzy feels of the OVA, which is accentuated by the music (and also really gives off Kase-san vibes—you’ll know later why). We are also given a first look at the characters Misuzu and Haruka, and a teaser into the literally time-stopping moment when Misuzu’s life changed.
All the Kase-san feels that the trailer is giving isn’t just a feeling: the OVA is indeed handled by the staff of Kase-san and Morning Glories! Takuya Sato is set to direct the OVA and write the script, along with Tomoko Sudo, who will handle character design. rionos, who composed the beautiful music in the Kase-san OVA, will also be working on Fragtime’s music.
Other staff members include:
• Prop Design: Seiji Nishimoto
• Color Design: You Iwaida
• Art Director: Takashi Honda
• Art Setting: Takashi Honda, Masahiro Sato, Hidefumi Kimura
• Director of Photography: Takeshi Kuchiba
• Editing: Masahiro Goto
Also, check out below the newest teaser visual for the theatrical OVA:
Fragtime was first published in 2013 in Akita Shoten’s “Champion Tap!” (now Manga Cross) manga website, and ran until 2014. It tells the story of high school student Misuzu Moritani, who mysteriously has powers to stop time for three minutes a day. She uses this power to secretly observe the people around her, but one day she chooses to stop time to peek into class idol Haruka Murakami’s panties. This doesn’t end well, as not only does she realize that her power doesn’t work on Haruka, she also finds herself in a compromised situation as Haruka discovers her secret. This then starts a mysterious relationship between the two girls.
Source: Anime News Network
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set
- My Hero Academia Season 4 Reveals Character Visuals for Big 3, Sir Nighteye & Bubble Girl
- Racehorse that Inspired One of “Uma Musume Pretty Derby” Characters Dies
- ‘No More Heroes III’ Game Slated to Release in 2020 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveals Release Date for “Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” Remake
- Nintendo Announces “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” Sequel
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Also Announced by Square Enix at E3
- Square Enix Debuts New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake That Includes Tifa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Slated for a March 3, 2020 Worldwide Release
- Yuri Manga “Fragtime” Gets OVA Adaptation, Releases PV and Premiere Date
- “Pastel Memories” Mobile Game to End Service on August 6
- See New Persona 5 Character Kasumi Yoshizawa in Battle with Her Persona
- Sailor Moon Editor Osano, “The Super Live” Actress Kanae Yumemiya to Grace Anime Expo LA
- My Hero Academia Launches the Cutest Collaboration with Sanrio