It was previously reported on this site that Sato’s yuri manga Fragtime is set to get an anime adaptation. Just today it was revealed that the adaptation the manga will be getting is actually a theatrical OVA. It’s quite unfortunate though, as fans were hoping that Fragtime will be getting a full-on anime adaptation. Nonetheless, check out the PV below!
The 1-minute trailer gives us a glimpse into the warm, fuzzy feels of the OVA, which is accentuated by the music (and also really gives off Kase-san vibes—you’ll know later why). We are also given a first look at the characters Misuzu and Haruka, and a teaser into the literally time-stopping moment when Misuzu’s life changed.
All the Kase-san feels that the trailer is giving isn’t just a feeling: the OVA is indeed handled by the staff of Kase-san and Morning Glories! Takuya Sato is set to direct the OVA and write the script, along with Tomoko Sudo, who will handle character design. rionos, who composed the beautiful music in the Kase-san OVA, will also be working on Fragtime’s music.
Other staff members include:
• Prop Design: Seiji Nishimoto
• Color Design: You Iwaida
• Art Director: Takashi Honda
• Art Setting: Takashi Honda, Masahiro Sato, Hidefumi Kimura
• Director of Photography: Takeshi Kuchiba
• Editing: Masahiro Goto
Also, check out below the newest teaser visual for the theatrical OVA:
Fragtime was first published in 2013 in Akita Shoten’s “Champion Tap!” (now Manga Cross) manga website, and ran until 2014. It tells the story of high school student Misuzu Moritani, who mysteriously has powers to stop time for three minutes a day. She uses this power to secretly observe the people around her, but one day she chooses to stop time to peek into class idol Haruka Murakami’s panties. This doesn’t end well, as not only does she realize that her power doesn’t work on Haruka, she also finds herself in a compromised situation as Haruka discovers her secret. This then starts a mysterious relationship between the two girls.
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages