Fans of the Nakano quintuplets have had lots of reasons to celebrate lately: last month was the lovely sisters’ special birthday celebration, coupled with the announcement of a season 2 for the anime series. Now, we’re getting another good news: the Quintessential Quintuplets manga just reached the milestone of having 5 million copies in print! This was announced by the editorial team of Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shounen Magazine’s official Twitter account.
The tweet, which you can read here, says that this milestone was largely due to a big jump in female readership of the manga. The tweet ends on a joke, saying that with this surge in female fans the staff are now hoping to meet real-life female quintuplets so that a live-action adaptation can be planned. Heh.
Quintessential Quintuplets (Go-Tobun no Hanayome) is a shounen manga series written and illustrated by Negi Haruba. It is currently being serialized in Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shonen Magazine since August 2017 and has released nine tankobon volumes so far. An anime adaptation produced by Tezuka Productions aired from January 10 to March 28, 2019, with Crunchyroll and FUNimation holding the license for the series’ North American release.
The story revolves around Futaro Uesugi, a high school student who consistently has high grades but is down on every other aspect of his life: he has no friends, his father is saddled by many debts, and he has no mother. He can only do so much to make ends meet for him and his younger sister Raiha. Because of his intelligence the rich Nakano family hires him as a tutor to five girls—quintuplets who are cute, charming, but stubbornly hate studying. Fast-forward to the future, and Futaro is revealed to have ended up marrying one of the quintuplets. But with all five sisters falling in love with him during his time tutoring them, which sister does he actually end up with?
Source: Crunchyroll News
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set
- My Hero Academia Season 4 Reveals Character Visuals for Big 3, Sir Nighteye & Bubble Girl
- Racehorse that Inspired One of “Uma Musume Pretty Derby” Characters Dies
- ‘No More Heroes III’ Game Slated to Release in 2020 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveals Release Date for “Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” Remake
- Nintendo Announces “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” Sequel
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Also Announced by Square Enix at E3
- Square Enix Debuts New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake That Includes Tifa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Slated for a March 3, 2020 Worldwide Release
- Yuri Manga “Fragtime” Gets OVA Adaptation, Releases PV and Premiere Date
- “Pastel Memories” Mobile Game to End Service on August 6
- See New Persona 5 Character Kasumi Yoshizawa in Battle with Her Persona
- Sailor Moon Editor Osano, “The Super Live” Actress Kanae Yumemiya to Grace Anime Expo LA
- My Hero Academia Launches the Cutest Collaboration with Sanrio