Sad news for those waiting for episodes 9 and 10 of Fruits Basket: the two episodes are set to be aired to a later date, as Japanese TV channels are currently broadcasting major tennis tournament The French Open. Episodes 9 & 10 were originally scheduled to air on June 1 and June 8 respectively. The French Open, however, is set to run from May 20 to June 9, directly affecting Furuba’s airing date.
As of this writing, there is still no update on when these two episodes will be aired, so for those who haven’t caught up to the show, now’s the best time to do so! For those who’re updated on the episodes, well, perhaps a re-watch is in order. :)
Fruits Basket’s official English Twitter account also shared news of the delay. You can read the tweet here.
The animé is currently being aired TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, and other Japanese channels. Funimation has gained the exclusive rights to stream Fruits Basket and release it on home video.
The Furuba reboot is produced by TMS Entertainment under the direction of Yoshihide Ibata. The script is be penned by Taku Kishimoto, and character designs are done by Masaru Shindo.
The first animé adaptation of Furuba, which was released in 2001, was famously denounced by Natsuki Takaya because she and Studio Deen ran into numerous creative disagreements. The end result was the animé series deviating from the original story in the manga, causing Takaya to reject offers for a remake or a second season—that is, until news came out last year that Takaya has finally agreed to a new adaptation. According to reports, she agreed on the condition of hiring an all-new cast and staff. TMS Entertainment, the studio handling the new adaptation, has also given Takaya lots of input in the process by naming her as the series’ Executive Supervisor.
Serialized from 1998 to 2006 in Hakusensha’s Hana to Yume magazine, Fruits Basket follows the story of sweet orphan girl Tohru Honda who ends up living with the members of the Sohma clan. She is sworn to secrecy when she finds out that the Sohmas are cursed to turn into zodiac animals when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex.
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation