Sad news for those waiting for episodes 9 and 10 of Fruits Basket: the two episodes are set to be aired to a later date, as Japanese TV channels are currently broadcasting major tennis tournament The French Open. Episodes 9 & 10 were originally scheduled to air on June 1 and June 8 respectively. The French Open, however, is set to run from May 20 to June 9, directly affecting Furuba’s airing date.
As of this writing, there is still no update on when these two episodes will be aired, so for those who haven’t caught up to the show, now’s the best time to do so! For those who’re updated on the episodes, well, perhaps a re-watch is in order. :)
Fruits Basket’s official English Twitter account also shared news of the delay. You can read the tweet here.
The animé is currently being aired TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, and other Japanese channels. Funimation has gained the exclusive rights to stream Fruits Basket and release it on home video.
The Furuba reboot is produced by TMS Entertainment under the direction of Yoshihide Ibata. The script is be penned by Taku Kishimoto, and character designs are done by Masaru Shindo.
The first animé adaptation of Furuba, which was released in 2001, was famously denounced by Natsuki Takaya because she and Studio Deen ran into numerous creative disagreements. The end result was the animé series deviating from the original story in the manga, causing Takaya to reject offers for a remake or a second season—that is, until news came out last year that Takaya has finally agreed to a new adaptation. According to reports, she agreed on the condition of hiring an all-new cast and staff. TMS Entertainment, the studio handling the new adaptation, has also given Takaya lots of input in the process by naming her as the series’ Executive Supervisor.
Serialized from 1998 to 2006 in Hakusensha’s Hana to Yume magazine, Fruits Basket follows the story of sweet orphan girl Tohru Honda who ends up living with the members of the Sohma clan. She is sworn to secrecy when she finds out that the Sohmas are cursed to turn into zodiac animals when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex.
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set
- My Hero Academia Season 4 Reveals Character Visuals for Big 3, Sir Nighteye & Bubble Girl
- Racehorse that Inspired One of “Uma Musume Pretty Derby” Characters Dies
- ‘No More Heroes III’ Game Slated to Release in 2020 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveals Release Date for “Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” Remake
- Nintendo Announces “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” Sequel
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Also Announced by Square Enix at E3
- Square Enix Debuts New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake That Includes Tifa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Slated for a March 3, 2020 Worldwide Release
- Yuri Manga “Fragtime” Gets OVA Adaptation, Releases PV and Premiere Date
- “Pastel Memories” Mobile Game to End Service on August 6
- See New Persona 5 Character Kasumi Yoshizawa in Battle with Her Persona
- Sailor Moon Editor Osano, “The Super Live” Actress Kanae Yumemiya to Grace Anime Expo LA
- My Hero Academia Launches the Cutest Collaboration with Sanrio