Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe’s newest work has announced a new cast member in the person of singer-songwriter Aoi Shouta. According to the official website of Carole and Tuesday, Aoi will be voicing the character Pyotr, described in the website as a social media celebrity who will make his appearance in the upcoming episode this Wednesday.
The anime’s official Youtube channel also released a new video that announces new collaborations with more world-renowned composers, such as Grammy nominee Steve Aoki, German electronic music producer DJ MOGUAI, Andy Platts, Japanese musician Cornelius, and more. The anime has earlier announced collaborations with artists such as Norwegian folk-pop duo Kings of Convenience and Australian EDM producer Alison Wonderland, among others. Check out the announcement PV below!
The series, a collaboration between Watanabe and Studio Bones, is described as a musical animé and the first Japanese-dubbed animé to have full English songs sung by foreign singers, with the music teased as a “soundtrack that transcends international boundaries”. Canadian singer and composer Mocky is composing the music for renowned animé studio Flying Dog, who is in charge of music production.
Last year Studio Bones opened global auditions for the singing voices of main characters Carole and Tuesday, with singers Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann winning the auditions. The series’ voice actors, on the other hand, are all Japanese, with Carole and Tuesday to be played Miyuri Shimabukuro and Kana Ichinose, respectively.
The series’ official site describes the story as such:
“Fifty years have passed since mankind began migrating to the new frontier: Mars.
It’s an age where most culture is produced by AI, and people are content to be passive consumers.
There’s a girl.
Scrapping a living in the metropolis of Alba City, she’s working part-time while trying to become a musician. She’s always felt like something is missing.
Her name is Carole.
There’s a girl.
Born to a wealthy family in the provincial town of Herschel City, she dreams of becoming a musician, but nobody around her understands. She feels like the loneliest person in the world.
Her name is Tuesday.
A chance meeting brings them together.
They want to sing.
They want to make music.
Together, they feel like they just might have a chance.
The two of them may only create a tiny wave.
But that wave will eventually grow into something larger…”
The series will be directed by Motonobu Hori, with Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop as supervising director. The script will be penned by Aya Watanabe and Eisaku Kubonouchi as original character designer. Carole and Tuesday marks Studio Bones’ 20th anniversary and Flying Dog’s 10th year in the industry. The animé is set to air for two cours, or two quarters of the year.
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set
- My Hero Academia Season 4 Reveals Character Visuals for Big 3, Sir Nighteye & Bubble Girl
- Racehorse that Inspired One of “Uma Musume Pretty Derby” Characters Dies
- ‘No More Heroes III’ Game Slated to Release in 2020 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveals Release Date for “Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” Remake
- Nintendo Announces “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” Sequel
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Also Announced by Square Enix at E3
- Square Enix Debuts New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake That Includes Tifa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Slated for a March 3, 2020 Worldwide Release
- Yuri Manga “Fragtime” Gets OVA Adaptation, Releases PV and Premiere Date
- “Pastel Memories” Mobile Game to End Service on August 6
- See New Persona 5 Character Kasumi Yoshizawa in Battle with Her Persona
- Sailor Moon Editor Osano, “The Super Live” Actress Kanae Yumemiya to Grace Anime Expo LA
- My Hero Academia Launches the Cutest Collaboration with Sanrio