Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe’s newest work has announced a new cast member in the person of singer-songwriter Aoi Shouta. According to the official website of Carole and Tuesday, Aoi will be voicing the character Pyotr, described in the website as a social media celebrity who will make his appearance in the upcoming episode this Wednesday.
The anime’s official Youtube channel also released a new video that announces new collaborations with more world-renowned composers, such as Grammy nominee Steve Aoki, German electronic music producer DJ MOGUAI, Andy Platts, Japanese musician Cornelius, and more. The anime has earlier announced collaborations with artists such as Norwegian folk-pop duo Kings of Convenience and Australian EDM producer Alison Wonderland, among others. Check out the announcement PV below!
The series, a collaboration between Watanabe and Studio Bones, is described as a musical animé and the first Japanese-dubbed animé to have full English songs sung by foreign singers, with the music teased as a “soundtrack that transcends international boundaries”. Canadian singer and composer Mocky is composing the music for renowned animé studio Flying Dog, who is in charge of music production.
Last year Studio Bones opened global auditions for the singing voices of main characters Carole and Tuesday, with singers Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann winning the auditions. The series’ voice actors, on the other hand, are all Japanese, with Carole and Tuesday to be played Miyuri Shimabukuro and Kana Ichinose, respectively.
The series’ official site describes the story as such:
“Fifty years have passed since mankind began migrating to the new frontier: Mars.
It’s an age where most culture is produced by AI, and people are content to be passive consumers.
There’s a girl.
Scrapping a living in the metropolis of Alba City, she’s working part-time while trying to become a musician. She’s always felt like something is missing.
Her name is Carole.
There’s a girl.
Born to a wealthy family in the provincial town of Herschel City, she dreams of becoming a musician, but nobody around her understands. She feels like the loneliest person in the world.
Her name is Tuesday.
A chance meeting brings them together.
They want to sing.
They want to make music.
Together, they feel like they just might have a chance.
The two of them may only create a tiny wave.
But that wave will eventually grow into something larger…”
The series will be directed by Motonobu Hori, with Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop as supervising director. The script will be penned by Aya Watanabe and Eisaku Kubonouchi as original character designer. Carole and Tuesday marks Studio Bones’ 20th anniversary and Flying Dog’s 10th year in the industry. The animé is set to air for two cours, or two quarters of the year.
- New PV for Babylon TV Anime Previews OP Song, New Cast Members, 3 Story Arcs
- “Smile Down the Runway” Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
- Theatrical Screenings of Violet Evergarden Side-Story Gets Two-Week Extension Due to Success
- Character Visuals Unveiled for Upcoming Persona 5 Stage Play
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening
- 2019 Premiere of Yuri!!! On Ice Anime Film Postponed
- Crowdfunding Launched for Karakai Jozu no Takagi-San VR Anime