Harassment of celebrities, both in Japan and in other countries, is not a new issue. Numerous cases have been reported, from stalking to hacking social media accounts to sending actual death threats. In some cases, these ultimately escalated into harassers physically harming celebrities—which appears to be what the staff & agency of popular voice actress Nao Toyama want to prevent from happening.
Last Friday, the staff of Toyama’s website announced that they will start blocking social media users who will send threatening messages to Toyama’s Twitter account. Her staff will also be blocking users who will leave too many replies to her tweets, or those who will leave replies that will be deemed stalker-like or indecent towards the popular seiyuu.
This appears to have stemmed from the indecent behavior exhibited by one of her fans, a user named “Keima Kuri”, who would always leave hundreds or even thousands of replies to Toyama’s tweets. When the above announcement by Toyama’s staff was posted on the seiyuu’s Twitter account, Keima Kuri had the audacity to reply to the tweet:
“The other day, me and Nao went on a date together as a future married couple. We went to Karuizawa, which will be the location of our wedding ceremony. There, me and Nao did the (^з^)-☆. Of course, the location of our wedding ceremony is the toilet in Waseda University…!!”
Besides this disgusting tweet, other fans have also noted Keima Kuri’s obsessive behavior towards Toyama, with one fan even noting that the user would send up to 4,000 replies to Toyama’s tweets. As such, Toyama’s staff announced that they have blocked this obsessed fan and already had the account suspended. They also stated that they will still be closely monitoring the star’s social media account to protect her safety, to the relief of her concerned fans.
Nao Toyama made her debut as a voice actress in 2010 as Kanon Nakagawa in the anime series The World God Only Knows. What cemented her popularity as a seiyuu was the role of Chitoge Kirisaki in the 2014 romcom hit Nisekoi, which was followed by other popular roles such as Yui Yuigahama in My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Rin Shima in Laid-Back Camp.
Source: Anime News Network
- New PV for Babylon TV Anime Previews OP Song, New Cast Members, 3 Story Arcs
- “Smile Down the Runway” Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
- Theatrical Screenings of Violet Evergarden Side-Story Gets Two-Week Extension Due to Success
- Character Visuals Unveiled for Upcoming Persona 5 Stage Play
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening
- 2019 Premiere of Yuri!!! On Ice Anime Film Postponed
- Crowdfunding Launched for Karakai Jozu no Takagi-San VR Anime