Anime Expo 2019 is less than two months away, and the convention is starting to roll out the big guns for the event! Just today, Viz Media has announced that renowned manga author Bisco Hatori will grace the event as a Guest of Honor. This will be Hatori’s first-ever appearance in an overseas event. According to the official website of Anime Expo, Hatori will be participating in a special panel as well as an exclusive autograph session. The schedule for these events are yet to be announced.
Hatori is most known for being the author of romantic-comedy manga series Ouran High School Host Club. First serialized in 2002 in Hakusensha’s LaLa magazine, Ouran became Hatori’s most famous work and propelled her to the manga best-seller lists. It tells the story of Haruhi Fujioka, a girl who is more comfortable dressing like a boy. When she is accepted into the prestigious Ouran High School, she gets entangled in the shenanigans of the school’s “Host Club”—a group of boys who entertain female “clients” with sweet talk and manners—when she accidentally breaks an antique vase valued at 8,000,000 yen. To pay off the vase, she is ordered by the Host Club’s president Tamaki Suoh to render services as a host, as her gender-ambiguous face and manner of clothing made them all think that she was a man. They eventually realize that she is a female, but because she is a huge hit among their clients, the Host Club keep her gender a secret from everyone. She eventually forms friendships with each of the members of the Host Club, with Tamaki nursing special feelings for her.
Ouran High School Host Club has released a total of 18 tankobon volumes and was also adapted into an anime series in 2006 by Bones.
Source: Anime Expo official website
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Sailor Moon Restaurant Opens In Tokyo This August, Stage Shows to be Performed Daily
- KyoAni President Confirms That Fire Destroyed All Animation Materials, More Details on the Suspect Revealed
- Dragon Ball Fans Break Previous World Record for Largest ‘Kamehameha’ Gathering
- English-Dubbed Trailer for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 4 Released
- BEASTARS Producer Yoshihiro Watanabe to Guest at Otakon Washington DC
- UPDATE: 25 Confirmed Dead in KyoAni Arson, Suspect Heard Shouting “You Ripped Me Off”
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released