Bloom Into You is currently one of the most-popular yuri series, even ranking second in a popularity poll done by the Akiba Research Institute. Its manga and TV anime series proved to be huge successes, and now the beloved yuri manga is set to be adapted into a new medium: a live-action stage play!
The Bloom Into You stage play was announced last January, with the confirmed cast announced last March. Now, the official website of the stage play has just released gorgeous new visuals of the actresses & actors in character! Check them out below!
Kawauchi Misato as Koito Yuu, the main protagonist of the story. She wants to feel how being in love feels like, yet fails to reciprocate when someone confesses to her back in junior high. Her perspective on love changes when she meets second-year student Nanami Touko.
Koizumi Moeka as Nanami Touko, the student council president who maintains a facade of perfection to hide her deep-seated anxieties. She falls for Yuu at first sight and confesses it outright, but forbids the latter from falling for her.
Isobe Karin as Saeki Sayaka, Touko’s best friend who thinks that she knows Touko best. She develops romantic feelings for Touko but keeps it a secret for a long time, as she knows that this will jeopardize their friendship.
Ishiwatari Masyu as Seiji Maki, a member of the student council who found out about Yuu and Touko’s relationship. He promises to keep it a secret, as he claims that he is content by being a spectator in someone’s love story as he cannot see himself in one.
Harusaki Non as Koyomi Kanou, Yuu’s friend who is also a good writer. She was commissioned by the student council to write an original play for the school festival, which (unintentionally) accurately captures Touko’s internal conflict.
Igarashi Haruka as Hyuuga Akari, Touko’s friend who is a member of the basketball team. She harbors feelings for her basketball club senpai.
Tanoue Marina as Hakozaki Riko, the student council’s advisor. Unknown to her students, she is in a lesbian relationship.
Tatemichi Riona as Miyako Kodama, Riko-sensei’s girlfriend and a café manager. It is to her to whom Sayaka confides her feelings for Touko.
The script for the stage play adaptation will be written by Suzuki Tomoharu. It will run from May 3 to 12 and will be staged at the Zenrosai Hall/Space zero in Shibuya.
HIDIVE, which streams the TV anime series with English subtitles, describes the story as such:
”Yuu loves shoujo manga and waits for a love confession to make her feel like a character from her favorite stories but when a classmate admits his feelings, she feels nothing. Time passes and Yuu begins high school feeling lost and confused. Things begin to look up when she witnesses Nanami, the beautiful student council president, effortlessly turn down a boy. Yuu reaches out to Nanami for help and the two quickly become friends. Yuu’s heart is suddenly sent aflutter when the next person to confess their feelings is Nanami! Is Yuu’s own shoujo romance finally beginning?”
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido
- Fruits Basket Season 1 to Have 25 Episodes, New Cast & Theme Song Artists Revealed
- Yakuza 6 Actor Gets Suspended Due to Alleged Link to Organized Crime