Good news to all non-Japanese fans of the pop superstar: Netflix is set to stream Utada Hikaru’s Laughter in the Dark concert tour! Netflix will be streaming the December 9 date held at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba City. The said date marks Utada’s 20th year in the entertainment industry. The concert’s Netflix release is set for June 26.
In addition to the concert’s upcoming Netflix release, Laughter in the Dark will also be available for digital download via iTunes. If you opt for the iTunes release, you get to buy both the main concert footage plus a special documentary video. The Netflix release, on the other hand, will only contain the main concert footage.
Utada Hikaru’s Laughter in the Dark is her fourth Japanese tour, her first in 12 years. The tour ran from November 6 to December 9, 2018. All 13 dates of the tour, which started in Yokohama and ended in Chiba, were sold out and signified the Japanese public’s still-strong support for her.
Her successful concert is also set to be released as a limited-edition Blu-ray disc, which also includes extra goodies for her fans. The Blu-ray bundle includes a 60-page photobook, a replica of the backstage pass released during her 2018 concert, and a bonus DVD with special documentary videos of her concert. Some online and offline stores will also be offering a limited-edition concert lanyard.
Utada Hikaru debuted as a singer in 1998, releasing two singles that went on to become million-sellers: Automatic/Time Will Tell and Movin’ On Without You. At the age of 16, Utada released her debut album First Love, which sold over 7 million units in her home country and 3 million in other countries. First Love went on to become Japan’s best-selling album of all time. Besides these domestic successes, Utada is best known by international fans as the singer and producer of the haunting soundtracks to the highly-successful Kingdom Hearts video game franchise. Her latest release for the video game is Don’t Think Twice and Face My Fears, a collaboration with American producer Skrillex.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles