Good news to all non-Japanese fans of the pop superstar: Netflix is set to stream Utada Hikaru’s Laughter in the Dark concert tour! Netflix will be streaming the December 9 date held at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba City. The said date marks Utada’s 20th year in the entertainment industry. The concert’s Netflix release is set for June 26.
In addition to the concert’s upcoming Netflix release, Laughter in the Dark will also be available for digital download via iTunes. If you opt for the iTunes release, you get to buy both the main concert footage plus a special documentary video. The Netflix release, on the other hand, will only contain the main concert footage.
Utada Hikaru’s Laughter in the Dark is her fourth Japanese tour, her first in 12 years. The tour ran from November 6 to December 9, 2018. All 13 dates of the tour, which started in Yokohama and ended in Chiba, were sold out and signified the Japanese public’s still-strong support for her.
Her successful concert is also set to be released as a limited-edition Blu-ray disc, which also includes extra goodies for her fans. The Blu-ray bundle includes a 60-page photobook, a replica of the backstage pass released during her 2018 concert, and a bonus DVD with special documentary videos of her concert. Some online and offline stores will also be offering a limited-edition concert lanyard.
Utada Hikaru debuted as a singer in 1998, releasing two singles that went on to become million-sellers: Automatic/Time Will Tell and Movin’ On Without You. At the age of 16, Utada released her debut album First Love, which sold over 7 million units in her home country and 3 million in other countries. First Love went on to become Japan’s best-selling album of all time. Besides these domestic successes, Utada is best known by international fans as the singer and producer of the haunting soundtracks to the highly-successful Kingdom Hearts video game franchise. Her latest release for the video game is Don’t Think Twice and Face My Fears, a collaboration with American producer Skrillex.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation