The hit PlayStation 4 game God of War is celebrating it first anniversary this week. As part of the celebrations, special commemorative content to fans such as a free dynamic theme and several Avatars on the PS4 were released via the PlayStation Store by Santa Monica Studios.
The free dynamic theme features the God of War himself, Kratos, and his son Atreus riding a boat in the Lake of Nine. It appears, however, that the dynamic theme isn’t all just to get fans in the mood to celebrate the game’s 1st anniversary.
According to some eagle-eyed fans over at Reddit, a series of Nordic runes are etched into the side of Kratos’ and Atreus’ boat. The runes are a little hard to see though, but zooming in on the picture and adjusting the brightness a bit does show us this:
A little bit of Google there and the runes are revealed to mean, “Ragnarok is Coming”. With the God of War being set in Norse mythology (a departure from previous God of War games, which are based on Greek mythology), does this mean that the Nordic end of times will figure prominently in the sequel? And will the father and son be involved in this calamity, and how?
God of War was released in 2018 for the PlayStation 4 and is the sequel to God of War III released in 2010. Developed by Santa Monica Studios and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, the game follows the former Greek God of War Kratos and his son Atreus. After the death of Kratos’ wife, he and his son embark on a journey to fulfill his wife’s request to spread her ashes at the highest peak of the nine realms. Throughout their journey, Kratos and Atreus encounter monsters and gods of Nordic mythology, all while Kratos keeps his divinity from his own son a secret. Upon release, the game received critical acclaim for its story, gameplay, and stunning graphics, and also became one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 games of all time.
Source: Games Radar
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles