Capping off this week is some happy relationship news, as popular voice actress Mimori Suzuko has just announced her marriage to wrestling champion Kazuchika “Rainmaker” Okada! The announcement was made on Mimori’s official blog as well as Okada’s Twitter.
The announcement post in Mimori’s official blog states that she intends to continue working as a voice actress after her marriage with Okada. Part of her blog post, translated by Aniplus-Asia, reads:
Just like my mother, I will work hard to become a woman who can support my family with cheerfulness, fun and warmth.
As an artist and actress, I will continue to put in my utmost effort, and aim for greater heights.
To everyone, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued support.
Their relationship was first revealed on January 2018. When this news broke out, it was stated by both parties that the two were already in a serious relationship for five months. Their relationship was said to have blossomed while they were working, as it is speculated that they first met and fell for each other while meeting during Bushiroad events. Mimori is a voice actress for Bushiroad franchises such as Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and most recently, Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight. Okada, on the other hand, is a pro-wrestler currently signed to New Japan Pro-Wrestling, which Bushiroad owns.
Mimori Suzuko, fondly called “Mimorin” by fans, is best known for voicing characters such as Sherlock “Sheryl” Shellingford for Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Sonoda Umi from Love Live!, and Kagura Hikari from Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight. Besides voice acting, she also acts in musicals especially those that involve her Bushiroad characters.
Kazuchika Okada, dubbed the “Rainmaker”, is a five-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion. His fourth reign, which lasted for 720 days, is currently the longest in IWGP’s history. Okada is the first Japanese wrestler to top Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s list of the top 500 wrestlers in the world in 2017.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation