It all started with a tweet from the official Twitter account of the Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie, where a picture of a room very much familiar with Kenshin fans was accompanied by this caption: “04. 12 06:00 Coming soon…”. As if this wasn’t enough to send fans into a frenzy, it was retweeted by the official Twitter page of Warner Bros. Japan, thus promising that major news will be revealed on the time and date indicated.
The wait was not in vain, as Warner Bros. Japan officially announced that the Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie will be getting not just one, but two live-action films! The wait won’t be long too, as both are set for a 2020 premiere. The two films, dubbed as the “Final Chapter”, will adapt the manga’s Jinchu arc, some of which were already shown in the 1999 OVA Tsuioku-hen/Trust & Betrayal. The first of the two films will cover Juji Kizu no Nazo (Mystery of the Cross-Shaped Scar), while the second film will cover the Saikyo no Teki – Enishi. The last two films will show the story of Kenshin as the once-infamous Hitokiri Battousai and will show the origin of his iconic cross-shaped scar.
Further fueling excitement for the upcoming films is the photo posted by Warner Bros. Japan, which shows titular character Kenshin sporting just one cut of his cross-shaped scar.
Takeru Satoh is, of course, reprising his role as Himura Kenshin. The director of the first three films, Keishi Otomo, is also set direct the last two films.
Shooting for the much-awaited film has already begun last November 2018 and is set to last until May 2019 across different locations in Japan such as Kyoto, Nara, Shiga, Mie, Hyogo, Kumamoto, Hiroshima, Tochigi, Saitama, and Shizouka.
The live-action films are based on Nobuhiro Watsuki’s best-selling manga of the same name. The series has been adapted into a highly-successful 95-episode series, anime feature films, and three live-action films.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation