Box Entertainment has announced that voice and TV actress Komiya Arisa will be on indefinite hiatus from her scheduled activities because of an acute allergic reaction. She had undergone an allergy reaction and the doctors identified severe hives due to a suspected acute allergy. As such, she was strongly advised to rest for two weeks so as to recuperate fully.
Because of this, Komiya will be absent in the next stops of the Love Live! Sunshine!! Aqours World Love Live! Asia 2019 tour in Chiba (April 13 & 14) and Seoul (April 20 & 21). Besides skipping out on Aqours activities, she will also not be able to attend to her scheduled commitments as a TV actress, such as the commemorative screening of the live-action film Toshimaen on April 17, of which she is a part of.
Komiya Arisa’s allergies first manifested in Shanghai, during the first stop of Aqours’ Asia 2019 tour. On March 23, the first day of the Shanghai stop, Komiya was noted to have skipped some of the performances. She only returned during the last MC part of the concert, where she was already wearing sunglasses to hide her eyes that were already swelling due to her allergies. She did not perform on the second day of the concert, as per the doctor’s advice.
Her next update to fans was on March 26, in which she said that she had already returned to Japan and had already recovered fully. However on the tour’s next stop in Taiwan on April 6, Komiya dropped out as the concert was nearing its end, as it appeared that her allergies have acted up again. Same with the Shanghai stop, the doctors advised her not to perform on the second day of the concert.
Komiya Arisa, fondly called Arisha by her fans, first rose to fame for starring as Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster in the super sentai series Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, which aired in 2012. Love Live! Sunshine!’s Kurosawa Dia is her first major voice-acting role in an anime series.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido
- Fruits Basket Season 1 to Have 25 Episodes, New Cast & Theme Song Artists Revealed
- Yakuza 6 Actor Gets Suspended Due to Alleged Link to Organized Crime