Gone are the days when curses from vengeful ghosts are spread through video tapes or black-and-white footages. In this modern day and age, Youtube is the way to go, as it appears that evil ghosts also make the effort to keep up with the times. Kadokawa has just released a new trailer for Sadako, the latest entry in the Ringu franchise, and it shows that the evil spirit’s curse will spread in Youtube this time. Check it out below:
The newest trailer also previewed the film’s theme song “Seisen” (Crusade) sung by Japanese rock band Ziyoou-vachi (QUEEN BEE). The band is also known for performing the theme songs of anime series such as Tokyo Ghoul:re and Dororo.
A new visual has also been released for the film, which shows lead actress Elaiza Ikeda looking at her cellphone, frightened. Sadako’s dark presence is just behind her, waiting to strangle her with deathly fingers.
The film centers on psychologist Mayu Akikawa (Elaiza Ikeda) who is charged with observing a mysterious girl named Jinko (Himeka Himejima), whose presence sparks a series of inexplicable events in the hospital. Jinko has lost her memories and is taken in at the hospital Mayu works in under strict police custody. There is also Mayu’s younger brother Kazuma (Hiroya Shimizu) who is a Youtuber. He becomes involved with Sadako’s curse when he, in an effort to drum up views for his channel, vlogs a burned-down building and catches the vengeful ghost herself in his camera.
The movie is based on Koji Suzuki’s 2013 novel Tide, the sixth and latest installment in his Ringu novel series Hideo Nakata, the director of the first two Ringu films, returns to the franchise to direct Sadako. The movie is set for a May 24 release in Japan.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido
- Fruits Basket Season 1 to Have 25 Episodes, New Cast & Theme Song Artists Revealed
- Yakuza 6 Actor Gets Suspended Due to Alleged Link to Organized Crime