Sad news for fans of Vocaloid and rock band Hitorie. The official website of the J-Rock band has announced today that their vocalist and guitarist wowaka has died on April 5. He passed away in his sleep due to acute heart failure. The announcement also stated that a private funeral was already conducted by his friends & relatives. He was 31 years old.
Hitorie has also announced that the next two stops of their Japan tour in Kyoto and Okayama are cancelled, because of their vocalist and founder’s sudden passing. Further information will be released to fans regarding the refunding of tickets. The band’s staff and members also asked for patience and understanding from the fans, as they are still reeling from their sudden loss.
The band’s future is currently unclear but its three remaining members ygarshy (bass), shinoda (guitar/chorus), and yumao (drums) stated that they intend to continue their musical activities.
wowaka first burst into the Vocaloid music scene in 2009, when he posted his original song Gray Zone ni te (In the Gray Zone) in the Japanese video streaming platform Nico Video. He was known for primarily using the Hatsune Miku Vocaloid software in most of the songs he created.
He went on to become a renowned Vocaloid producer, releasing songs that have become popular to fans such as Ura-Omote Lovers, the sorrow-laden song Rolling Girl, and Unhappy Refrain. He also produced the Hatsune Miku & Megurine Luka song World’s End Dancehall. The last Vocaloid song he produced was Unknown Mother Goose, released in 2017, which still used the Hatsune Miku Vocaloid software. He also participated in some anime OSTs, most notably in writing and composing the song And I’m Home for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The song served as the ED of the anime series’ 9th episode and is the duet song of characters Kyoko Sakura (VA. Ai Nonaka) and Sayaka Miki (VA. Eri Kitamura).
Outside of his work as a Vocaloid producer, he founded the band Hitorie in 2012 and eventually became its vocalist and guitarist. They released four singles, four studio albums, and four mini albums. They also sang the OP song for the anime Divine Gate and the 7th ED song for Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation