Good news to Yuri fans in Toronto, Canada (and nearby cities as well!): Hiromi Takashima, author of the beloved Yuri series Kase-san and… is a special guest at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival next month! She is attending TCAF to support the “100 Years of Yuri” program & gallery display headed by Yuri expert Erica Friedman.
The special Yuri gallery display, curated by Friedman herself, will feature “historical and contemporary yuri manga materials and original art”. The display is open to the public for free. In addition, Friedman will host a discussion on the history of Yuri manga.
Takashima will feature in the program’s Special Feature interview and will also be signing fan’s copies of Kase-san and… herself. For fans who will be coming to see Takashima, please be reminded that taking photos of her or with her during her stage appearances is not allowed, as she had explicitly requested this to protect her privacy.
Kase-san and… was serialized in Shinshokan’s Hirari magazine from 2010 to 2017, with the English license for the series being handled by Seven Seas Entertainment. It tells the story of the timid, flower-loving Yui Yamada who falls for her senpai and her school’s track and field star, the boyish and exuberant Tomoka Kase. The manga’s five volumes (so far) explore the gradual blossoming of their relationship, and eventually the challenges they face through high school and beyond. An OVA of Kase-san was released in Japanese theaters last year, and a sequel series, Yamada to Kase-san began publication in April 2017.
Source: TCAF official website
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation