The time-traveling visual novel will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to jumpstart celebrations for this major milestone 5pb.’s Science Adventure title has announced not just one but ten mystery projects for Steins;Gate!
The game was first released on October 15, 2009 for the Xbox 360 in Japan, so we can expect that more information on these 10 mystery projects will be revealed as we get closer to this date.
Since its 2009 release, the VN game has enjoyed both critical and commercial success. Because of its popularity, the 2009 game has seen a number of ports to different consoles across several years. The game has also been adapted into manga, which was serialized from 2009 to 2013. It also received an anime adaptation in 2011 by White Fox; Steins;Gate’s sequel game, Steins;Gate 0, also received an anime adaptation in 2018 by the same animation studio.
In Steins;Gate you play as main protagonist Rintaro Okabe, founder of the “Future Gadget Laboratory” and a self-proclaimed mad scientist. The story picks up after Rintaro discovers that he and his friends have accidentally developed a machine that can send text messages back in time. They are joined by Kurisu Makise, a neuroscience researcher, who develops their machine further to enable it to send memories back in time, effectively allowing them to use time travel. Science organization SERN learns about their time-travel machine and sends people to retrieve the machine but end up killing Rintaro’s childhood friend Mayuri. Devastated, Rintaro tries to re-do the past to prevent Mayuri’s death to no avail, until he is approached by Suzuha Amane. Suzuha, a girl from the future, tells him that the only way to undo Mayuri’s death is to undo the effects of all the messages he has sent through their time-travel machine.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation