The time-traveling visual novel will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to jumpstart celebrations for this major milestone 5pb.’s Science Adventure title has announced not just one but ten mystery projects for Steins;Gate!
The game was first released on October 15, 2009 for the Xbox 360 in Japan, so we can expect that more information on these 10 mystery projects will be revealed as we get closer to this date.
Since its 2009 release, the VN game has enjoyed both critical and commercial success. Because of its popularity, the 2009 game has seen a number of ports to different consoles across several years. The game has also been adapted into manga, which was serialized from 2009 to 2013. It also received an anime adaptation in 2011 by White Fox; Steins;Gate’s sequel game, Steins;Gate 0, also received an anime adaptation in 2018 by the same animation studio.
In Steins;Gate you play as main protagonist Rintaro Okabe, founder of the “Future Gadget Laboratory” and a self-proclaimed mad scientist. The story picks up after Rintaro discovers that he and his friends have accidentally developed a machine that can send text messages back in time. They are joined by Kurisu Makise, a neuroscience researcher, who develops their machine further to enable it to send memories back in time, effectively allowing them to use time travel. Science organization SERN learns about their time-travel machine and sends people to retrieve the machine but end up killing Rintaro’s childhood friend Mayuri. Devastated, Rintaro tries to re-do the past to prevent Mayuri’s death to no avail, until he is approached by Suzuha Amane. Suzuha, a girl from the future, tells him that the only way to undo Mayuri’s death is to undo the effects of all the messages he has sent through their time-travel machine.
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido
- Fruits Basket Season 1 to Have 25 Episodes, New Cast & Theme Song Artists Revealed
- Yakuza 6 Actor Gets Suspended Due to Alleged Link to Organized Crime