According to a report by market analyst Sensor Tower, players of Pokémon’s mobile titles have spent almost $2.5 billion on in-game purchases. Unsurprisingly, Pokémon GO is the biggest contributor to this astounding number, pouring in $2.45 billion in earnings or 98% of the total figure. Developed by Niantic using augmented reality (AR) technology, Pokémon Go launched in 2016 to much hype and excitement. The game encountered several controversies in its first few months as it was seen to have caused some security issues and public disturbances in different countries. Despite these, it remains to be the most popular mobile game for the franchise, with over 147 million monthly active users as of 2018.
A very far second to the AR game is Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, which earned $25 million or 10 percent of the total number. The other Pokémon games that contributed to its mobile game earnings are Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Duel, Pokémon Quest, Pokémon Magikarp Jump, and Pokémon TCG Online.
Players from the USA account for 35% ($875 million) of the games’ total revenue, with Japan coming in next at 29% ($725 million). Note however, that these numbers do not include revenues from China, where only Pokémon Shuffle and Pokémon TCG Online are made available to players.
Pokémon’s mobile games have been downloaded 640 million times, with Pokémon GO responsible for 86% of the total downloads for all Pokémon titles (around 550 million). Pokémon Duel comes in at 2nd place, with 39 million downloads.
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4
- Doraemon Remakes 1st TV Episode for Its 40th Anniversary
- Female Vocal Unit Kalafina Announces Disbandment