According to a report by market analyst Sensor Tower, players of Pokémon’s mobile titles have spent almost $2.5 billion on in-game purchases. Unsurprisingly, Pokémon GO is the biggest contributor to this astounding number, pouring in $2.45 billion in earnings or 98% of the total figure. Developed by Niantic using augmented reality (AR) technology, Pokémon Go launched in 2016 to much hype and excitement. The game encountered several controversies in its first few months as it was seen to have caused some security issues and public disturbances in different countries. Despite these, it remains to be the most popular mobile game for the franchise, with over 147 million monthly active users as of 2018.
A very far second to the AR game is Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, which earned $25 million or 10 percent of the total number. The other Pokémon games that contributed to its mobile game earnings are Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Duel, Pokémon Quest, Pokémon Magikarp Jump, and Pokémon TCG Online.
Players from the USA account for 35% ($875 million) of the games’ total revenue, with Japan coming in next at 29% ($725 million). Note however, that these numbers do not include revenues from China, where only Pokémon Shuffle and Pokémon TCG Online are made available to players.
Pokémon’s mobile games have been downloaded 640 million times, with Pokémon GO responsible for 86% of the total downloads for all Pokémon titles (around 550 million). Pokémon Duel comes in at 2nd place, with 39 million downloads.
‘Non Non Biyori’ Anime is Getting a Third Season! May 12, 10pmIt was announced on Saturday during the “Nyanpasu Matsuri Vacation Nanon”. event that the anime series Non Non Biyori is getting a third season. A promotional video on the announcement of the anime’s third season was also uploaded on the series' official website.
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles
- 2nd ‘Made in Abyss’ Compilation Film to Premiere in the US on May 27!
- More Game Trailers Released for ‘Samurai Shodown’ Video Game
- Toonami Block Adds Attack on Titan Season 3, Airs Half an Hour Earlier Starting May 25
- Viz Media Announces English Dub Cast for Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Blu-ray Release
- Jesus and Buddha Frolic Around Akihabara in New Saint Young Men Teaser
- New Fruits Basket Bonus Manga to be Bundled With 1st DVD/Blu-ray of the Series