The original DigiDestined are set to make a grand comeback! As part of the anime’s 20th anniversary, Digimon Adventure is set to come out with a new film, with the teaser trailer for the upcoming project just released yesterday. Check it out below:
Tentatively titled Digimon Adventure the Movie, the film will follow the original DigiDestined at age 22, their ages in line with the franchise’s anniversary (Digimon was created in 1997, with the anime series launched two years later). A preview of character designs of Tai, Matt, Sora, Mimi, Izzy, Joe, TK, and Kairi as grownups was revealed last December:
If you look closely at the picture, there are short sentences written under each character’s name in Kanji. These are actually short teasers for each, giving fans a glimpse of how the original DigiDestined are now as grownups. Below are the translations:
• Joe: Did he manage to pass his entrance exams…!? A 23-year-old whose choice of career path is of great interest.
• Mimi: A charming 21-year-old dressed in fashionable clothing!
• Izzy: A 21-year-old who looks great in a suit!? Could he be working at a job already?
• Matt: Matt with his ever calm and collected expression. He seems to have a gentle air to him too!?
• Tai: He still sports his signature hairstyle. His expression accurately reflects his carefree personality!
• Sora: 22 years old. Did she decide to devote herself to the art of Ikebana!? Her kimono suits her perfectly!
• T.K.: 19 years old and all grown up, he’s grown even taller than his older brother Matt!?
• Kairi: While her innocent personality still remains, she seems to have her act together more than her brother Tai does!
The sequel film will be bringing back series creator Hiromi Seki as the supervisor of the film. Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru and Kenji Watanabe are also returning as the film’s original character and monster designers, respectfully.
Launched in 1997, Digimon was conceived by Bandai, Toei Animation and Wiz to capitalize on the Tamagotchi craze. An anime series was launched in 1999 about a group of children called the DigiDestined who were sent to the Digimon world to fight evil creatures. The franchise has since spawned several series and films.
Digimon Adventure the Movie is slated for a spring 2020 release.
‘Non Non Biyori’ Anime is Getting a Third Season! May 12, 10pmIt was announced on Saturday during the “Nyanpasu Matsuri Vacation Nanon”. event that the anime series Non Non Biyori is getting a third season. A promotional video on the announcement of the anime’s third season was also uploaded on the series' official website.
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles
- 2nd ‘Made in Abyss’ Compilation Film to Premiere in the US on May 27!
- More Game Trailers Released for ‘Samurai Shodown’ Video Game
- Toonami Block Adds Attack on Titan Season 3, Airs Half an Hour Earlier Starting May 25
- Viz Media Announces English Dub Cast for Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Blu-ray Release
- Jesus and Buddha Frolic Around Akihabara in New Saint Young Men Teaser
- New Fruits Basket Bonus Manga to be Bundled With 1st DVD/Blu-ray of the Series