Longtime Pokémon fans, get ready for a nostalgia trip as the first-ever movie in the franchise, Mewtwo Strikes Back, will be remade into full 3DCG. The remake, entitled Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, has just released a short and long version of its trailer. Check them out below:
While no official synopsis has been released for the movie, it’s pretty obvious that Evolution will simply be an exact remake of the original 1998 movie, as can be deduced from the scenes shown in the trailer. The scientists, for example, will be familiar to longtime Pokémon fans as they are the same ones who were seen in the original movie to have engineered Mewtwo. The trailer also gives us a glimpse of how the 3D aesthetic will look on Pokémon such as Charizard, Venosaur, and Meowth.
The announcement of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution is in line with the franchise’s Pokemon Week, a celebration of the series’ 20 successful years in the industry. Other Pokémon announcements for this week include the release of a new Detective Pikachu trailer and the launch of two new games for the Nintendo Switch, Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield.
Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back was first released in 1998. The movie shows Mewtwo, who was cloned from an eyelash of legendary Pokémon Mew, taking revenge on humankind after learning that he is but a mere weapon & experiment.
Evolution will be released in Japan on July 12. The movie’s official Twitter account has not yet announced an official Western release, but promises that international details will be coming soon.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation