Relive the game nostalgia as Square Enix officially announced on Wednesday that Final Fantasy IX will be released on both Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch on March 26.
The company also announced recently of the re-release of Final Fantasy IX for the PlayStation 4. The game was also re-released for PC via Steam in April 2016, as well in both Android and iOS devices on February 2016.
Another game in this popular franchise Final Fantasy VII was re-released for the PlayStation Classic console last December. It was also released for the PC in 2012, iOS and PlayStation 4 in 2016, and on Android devices in 2016.
Square Enix recently filed two video game titles for trademarking in the United States and these are Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Adventure
As of this time, the company has not released any statement for its reasons of trademarking the said titles. In order for a trademark to be successfully filed, it should prove that it has a specific intention to use the said titles. This can be in any form of media like video game, book, movie, TV show, and so on.
Secret of Mana (released in Japan as Seiken Densetsu 2 is an action role-playing game released in 1993 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Its first game Seiken Densetsu was released in 1991. It was released in Europe as Mystic Quest and in North America as Final Fantasy Adventure. It was first intended to be marketed as Mana series rather than the Final Fantasy series. The original game as also released for the Nintendo Wii’s Virtual Console back in 2008 then in the Wii U’s Virtual Console in 2013. It is also been ported to iOS and Android devices in 2009 and 2014 respectively.
Secret of Mana had a 3D remake and was released for the PlayStation 4, PC via Steam, and the PlayStation Vita last year.
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4
- Doraemon Remakes 1st TV Episode for Its 40th Anniversary
- Female Vocal Unit Kalafina Announces Disbandment