It seems that the Hollywood film Alita: Battle Angel is off to s good start in the box office. In a report released on Monday by entertainment news source Deadline, the live-action film Alita: Battle Angel has earned around US$32 million in the United Kingdom and selected countries in Asia.
The movie is produced and directed respectively by James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez. While the film is set to premiere on February 14 in the United States, it has already been screened in the United Kingdom, the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea last weekend. Screenings for Japan (including 4DX screenings) and China is scheduled on February 22.
The film’s U.S. premiere screening was delayed twice originally to be released for July 20, 2018 and on December 21, 2018. Alita: Battle Angel is based on the popular manga series Battle Angel Alita (GUNNM) created by Yukito Kishiro.
The film ranked at #2 in South Korea earning US$10.9 million. It earned US$2.9 million in the United Kingdom, US$4.8 million in Taiwan, and US$2.9 million in Malaysia.
Reported budget for the film was between US$150 million to US$200 million. With the US premiere in a few days, it is expected to earn US$25 million in its first 5 days with an estimated domestic total of US$50 million.
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Sailor Moon Restaurant Opens In Tokyo This August, Stage Shows to be Performed Daily
- KyoAni President Confirms That Fire Destroyed All Animation Materials, More Details on the Suspect Revealed
- Dragon Ball Fans Break Previous World Record for Largest ‘Kamehameha’ Gathering
- English-Dubbed Trailer for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 4 Released
- BEASTARS Producer Yoshihiro Watanabe to Guest at Otakon Washington DC
- UPDATE: 25 Confirmed Dead in KyoAni Arson, Suspect Heard Shouting “You Ripped Me Off”
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released