The much-awaited sequel film to the animé series Code Geass is slated for a North American release this May! Funimation has announced that they will be screening Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection in North American theaters. The English-subtitled film will be shown on May 5, with the English-dubbed version to screen on May 7-8. The film was released in Japanese theaters on February 9, 2019.
The new film serves as the finale of the entire series, which finished its 50-episode run more than a decade ago. From 2017, Sunrise has released three compilation films to serve as a refresher to audiences: Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Kodo (October 2017), Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Hando (February 2018), and Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Odo (May 2018). Besides being a recap of the Code Geass series, the compilation films also featured new scenes not seen in the series, with new voice recordings from the original cast themselves.
Lelouch of the Re;surrection takes place two years after the Zero Requiem finale of the series. Goro Taniguchi returns as the director, and he has also confirmed that most of the original key staff returned as well. Leo Ieiri performed the movie’s opening song “In This World”, and ending song “Revive” is performed by Unione. The ending song can be heard in the new TV commercial released for the film, which you can watch below:
First created by Sunrise with character designs provided by CLAMP, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion ran from 2006 to 2008. Set in an alternate timeline, it follows Lelouch vi Brittania, an exiled prince who obtains a power called Geass and uses it to obliterate the Holy Brittanian Empire.
See also: Fans Vote for the Most-Loved Yuri Anime
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation
- Love Live, Revue Starlight VA Mimori Suzuko Marries Pro-Wrestler Kazuchika Okada
- Rurouni Kenshin to Get Last Two Live-Action Movies in 2020
- New Trailer, Details Revealed for 3DCG Remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back Movie
- Kurosawa Dia VA Komiya Arisa to Skip Aqours Activities Due to Allergies
- Fans Vote for the Most-Loved Yuri Anime
- Makoto Shinkai’s Newest Film Releases Trailer, Previews RADWIMPS Song