The much-awaited sequel film to the animé series Code Geass is slated for a North American release this May! Funimation has announced that they will be screening Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection in North American theaters. The English-subtitled film will be shown on May 5, with the English-dubbed version to screen on May 7-8. The film was released in Japanese theaters on February 9, 2019.
The new film serves as the finale of the entire series, which finished its 50-episode run more than a decade ago. From 2017, Sunrise has released three compilation films to serve as a refresher to audiences: Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Kodo (October 2017), Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Hando (February 2018), and Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Odo (May 2018). Besides being a recap of the Code Geass series, the compilation films also featured new scenes not seen in the series, with new voice recordings from the original cast themselves.
Lelouch of the Re;surrection takes place two years after the Zero Requiem finale of the series. Goro Taniguchi returns as the director, and he has also confirmed that most of the original key staff returned as well. Leo Ieiri performed the movie’s opening song “In This World”, and ending song “Revive” is performed by Unione. The ending song can be heard in the new TV commercial released for the film, which you can watch below:
First created by Sunrise with character designs provided by CLAMP, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion ran from 2006 to 2008. Set in an alternate timeline, it follows Lelouch vi Brittania, an exiled prince who obtains a power called Geass and uses it to obliterate the Holy Brittanian Empire.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances