News Writer: Raven
Persona 5 the Animation’s official website has announced that the series’ 2nd special episode, Stars and Ours will be airing on March 23. The episode will be aired on Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, and Tochigi TV at 8PM. It will also be aired on MBS, AT-X, and BS11 after a few days. Stars and Ours was first announced last December 30, following the anime’s 1st special episode Dark Sun.
There are speculations that a new Persona game, codenamed Persona 5 R, will be revealed after the airing of Stars and Ours. It was previously announced that the new game will be revealed in March, which coincides with the premiere of the special episode.
Stars and Ours will be the conclusion of the animated series.
(Spoilers ahead) The special will continue where Dark Sun left off, with the defeat of politician Masayoshi Shido who is also behind every incident the group encountered. The public’s response to what they have done, however, was not what they expected. Thus Ren and the Phantom Thieves prepare to face their final battle, to correct the societal distortion and carry out the justice that they believe in.
Produced by CloverWorks, Persona the Animation is based on Atlus’ hit Playstation 4 role-playing game. It has a total of 26 episodes and aired from April to September 2018. It tells the story of Ren Amamiya and his group called the Phantom Thieves, who wield special powers called Personas. They use these Personas to change the hearts of people they deem are evil.
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Sailor Moon Restaurant Opens In Tokyo This August, Stage Shows to be Performed Daily
- KyoAni President Confirms That Fire Destroyed All Animation Materials, More Details on the Suspect Revealed
- Dragon Ball Fans Break Previous World Record for Largest ‘Kamehameha’ Gathering
- English-Dubbed Trailer for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 4 Released
- BEASTARS Producer Yoshihiro Watanabe to Guest at Otakon Washington DC
- UPDATE: 25 Confirmed Dead in KyoAni Arson, Suspect Heard Shouting “You Ripped Me Off”
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released