News Writer: Raven
Bang Dream’s first all-male band ARGONAVIS has just released its first key visual this Tuesday. The band’s first official illustration was drawn by project character designer Hikaru Miyoshi.
Bushiroad first announced last year that Bang Dream will be adding male idols to its roster, with ARGONAVIS as the first male band to be revealed. Following the format of the other franchises under Bushiroad, their male idols will have anime and real-life personas, more commonly known as 2.5D idols.
ARGONAVIS is composed of voice actors Shūta Morishima (keyboard), Seiji Maeda (bass), Daisuke Hyuga (guitar), Shōhei Hashimoto (drums), and Masahiro Ito (vocals). Their first single “Goal Line” will be released on February 20. The band will also be holding their first live on May 17 at the Maihama Ampitheater in Maihama, Chiba.
In addition to ARGONAVIS’ next activities, Bushiroad has also announced that auditions are going to be held for new members of the next boy bands to join ARGONAVIS. Auditions will be held from February 5 to 25, and is open to males aged 18 to 33. Both professional and amateur guitarists who have enough experience with the instrument are welcome to apply, in addition to being able to act and sing.
First announced in 2015, Bang Dream! is a multimedia franchise under Bushiroad. It has released several manga series, a smartphone game and a television anime. The first season aired last January 2017, with the second season premiering on January 3 this year. The third season will premiere this October.
See also: Fans Vote for the Most-Loved Yuri Anime
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation
- Love Live, Revue Starlight VA Mimori Suzuko Marries Pro-Wrestler Kazuchika Okada
- Rurouni Kenshin to Get Last Two Live-Action Movies in 2020
- New Trailer, Details Revealed for 3DCG Remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back Movie
- Kurosawa Dia VA Komiya Arisa to Skip Aqours Activities Due to Allergies
- Fans Vote for the Most-Loved Yuri Anime
- Makoto Shinkai’s Newest Film Releases Trailer, Previews RADWIMPS Song