Get ready to stand up and take out the cards as Bushiroad’s popular anime series Cardfight!! Vanguard is confirmed to have a new anime season slated to premiere in May.
BanG Dream!’s third live band Raise A Sulien is confirmed to performing both the opening and ending themes of the upcoming anime season. The Japanese voice cast will also be reprising their roles.
The anime will continue with new stories of the following characters Kai Toshiki, Kourin Tatsunagi, and Kouji Ibuki and will take place “after the resolution of the crisis wrought by the main antagonist Brandt that is currently airing.”
The current airing anime season of Cardfight!! Vanguard premiered in Japan on May 5. You can watch the anime series in its official YouTube channel in English dub. Crunchyroll is streaming the anime in Japanese language with English subtitles.
Here is the synopsis of the anime as described by Bushiroad:
The new animation series is an adaptation of the titular manga by Akira Itō and features familiar characters in the long running franchise, Aichi Sendou and Toshiki Kai as protagonists.
Depicting a youthful story about Cardfighters who clash passionately through challenges against each other, the new season follows the main protagonist, Aichi Sendou, as his life takes an exciting turn when he is reunited with Toshiki Kai, the person who gave him an important rare card, “Blaster Blade” from the game, “Vanguard”.
Cardfight!! Vanguard will also have its upcoming video game titled Cardfight!! Vanguard EX which will be released this Fall in both the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The game will have an original story as well as a new original character named Izuru Shido. Main characters from the original Cardfight!! Vanguard anime series Aichi Sendo and Toshiki Kai will also be in the game.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Sailor Moon Restaurant Opens In Tokyo This August, Stage Shows to be Performed Daily
- KyoAni President Confirms That Fire Destroyed All Animation Materials, More Details on the Suspect Revealed
- Dragon Ball Fans Break Previous World Record for Largest ‘Kamehameha’ Gathering
- English-Dubbed Trailer for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 4 Released
- BEASTARS Producer Yoshihiro Watanabe to Guest at Otakon Washington DC
- UPDATE: 25 Confirmed Dead in KyoAni Arson, Suspect Heard Shouting “You Ripped Me Off”
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released