It was reported on Wednesday by entertainment news website Deadline that the live-action film adaptation of the popular Monster Hunter video game franchise now has an official premiere date—set to open in September 4, 2020.
It was previously reported that filming of the film has finished in December.
The film will be centered on two protagonists who come from different worlds and they must work together to fighting these monsters in order to survive. It stars Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich as Captain Artemis and Ong Bak martial arts actor Tony Jaa as “The Hunter”. Ron Perlman play the Admiral, the leader of The Hunter’s crew, T.I Harris will play as a sniper named Link, and Diego Boneta will play as Sergeant Marshall. Josh Helman and Meagan Good will also have roles in the film.
Filming for the movie began in October which is ambitiously budgeted at around US$60 million with its primary film location in Cape Town, South Africa. TOHO will be distributing the film in Japan, Tencent Pictures for China, Sony’s Screen Gems for United States, Constantin Film for German-speaking countries, and Sony Pictures for international release.
The latest game of the Monster Hunter franchise titled Monster Hunter: World reached a record of over 11 million copies sold. This include sales from physical and digital copies of PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
Monster Hunter: World bagged the Quadruple Platinum prize last year for the game has sold more than 4 million units (including downloads) in Asia alone. The game has also won the PlayStation Network Award for being one of the top three best-selling games in the PlayStation Network, (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period) as well as the User’s Choice Award (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period).
The Monster Hunter franchise began in 2004 and as of February 2018, more than 46 million copies of the games were sold from its first game until the recent.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances