Monter Hunter: World is officially one of the most successful video games in the Monster Hunter franchise as the quarter financial report of CAPCOM revealed that the game has sold more than 11 million copies worldwide. The tally include the sales from the PlayStation 4 (both Physical and Digital), Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
The game won the Quadruple Platinum Prize in the PlayStation Awards 2018 in Japan. The awards ceremony happened via live-stream by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia. This has been an annual awards event for the company since 1995.
Monster Hunter: World bagged the Quadruple Platinum prize last year for the game has sold more than 4 million units (including downloads) in Asia alone. The game has also won the PlayStation Network Award for being one of the top three best-selling games in the PlayStation Network, (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period) as well as the User’s Choice Award (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period).
The Monster Hunter franchise began in 2004 and as of February 2018, more than 46 million copies of the games were sold from its first game until the recent.
Monster Hunter: World officially released worldwide on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on January 26. In its first three days, around 5 million copies have been shipped worldwide which officially set a new record for the franchise.
See also: Fans Vote for the Most-Loved Yuri Anime
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation
- Love Live, Revue Starlight VA Mimori Suzuko Marries Pro-Wrestler Kazuchika Okada
- Rurouni Kenshin to Get Last Two Live-Action Movies in 2020