Monter Hunter: World is officially one of the most successful video games in the Monster Hunter franchise as the quarter financial report of CAPCOM revealed that the game has sold more than 11 million copies worldwide. The tally include the sales from the PlayStation 4 (both Physical and Digital), Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
The game won the Quadruple Platinum Prize in the PlayStation Awards 2018 in Japan. The awards ceremony happened via live-stream by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia. This has been an annual awards event for the company since 1995.
Monster Hunter: World bagged the Quadruple Platinum prize last year for the game has sold more than 4 million units (including downloads) in Asia alone. The game has also won the PlayStation Network Award for being one of the top three best-selling games in the PlayStation Network, (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period) as well as the User’s Choice Award (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period).
The Monster Hunter franchise began in 2004 and as of February 2018, more than 46 million copies of the games were sold from its first game until the recent.
Monster Hunter: World officially released worldwide on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on January 26. In its first three days, around 5 million copies have been shipped worldwide which officially set a new record for the franchise.
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation