News Writer: Raven
SAO fans, good news! You can now catch the English-dubbed Sword Art Online: Alicization in Adult Swim’s Toonami block, starting on February 9. Toonami will premiere SAO: Alicization’s one-hour long first episode from 12:30 AM-1:30 AM EST, replacing Mob Psycho 100 and Megalobox. The block’s line-up for February 9 will then be as follows:
11:00 pm – Dragon Ball Super
11:30 pm – Boruto
12:00 am – My Hero Academia
12:30 am – Sword Art Online: Alicization
1:00 am – Sword Art Online: Alicization
1:30 am – JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
2:00 am – Black Clover
2:30 am – Hunter x Hunter
3:00 am – Naruto Shippuden
3:30 am – Attack on Titan
4:00 am – Pop Team Epic
4:30 am – Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
To get fans excited for the much-awaited anime’s premiere in the block, Toonami released a promo video showcasing what to expect of the third season’s English dub:
Sword Art Online: Alicization is the anime adaptation of the 4th arc of Reki Kawahara’s series of novels. Alicization is set to air for four cours, or four quarters of a year. It still follows main protagonist Kirito as he participates in the experimental testing of a new FullDive machine called Soul Translator, which utilizes a completely different technology from the other machines that preceded it.
When Kirito’s encounter with a former member of the Death Gun plot ends disastrously, he is smuggled to a secret base in the Pacific Ocean. There he is connected to a Soul Translator to treat his brain damage. With his physical body in a comatose, Kirito wakes up in the Underworld, the place he visits using the Soul Translator, though he retains no memory of his time there. There he is hit by a nagging feeling of familiarity of everything around him, including a golden-haired boy named Eugeo. Who is Eugeo, and why does the name Alice seem to mean so much to him?
Sword Art Online: Alicization premiered in Japan on October 6, 2018 and is still ongoing.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Hit Yuri Manga Series “Bloom Into You” to End with 8th Volume on November 2019
- Anime Film Adaptation of Mobile Game “The Alchemist Code” Releases New Trailer
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days