News Writer: Raven
SAO fans, good news! You can now catch the English-dubbed Sword Art Online: Alicization in Adult Swim’s Toonami block, starting on February 9. Toonami will premiere SAO: Alicization’s one-hour long first episode from 12:30 AM-1:30 AM EST, replacing Mob Psycho 100 and Megalobox. The block’s line-up for February 9 will then be as follows:
11:00 pm – Dragon Ball Super
11:30 pm – Boruto
12:00 am – My Hero Academia
12:30 am – Sword Art Online: Alicization
1:00 am – Sword Art Online: Alicization
1:30 am – JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
2:00 am – Black Clover
2:30 am – Hunter x Hunter
3:00 am – Naruto Shippuden
3:30 am – Attack on Titan
4:00 am – Pop Team Epic
4:30 am – Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
To get fans excited for the much-awaited anime’s premiere in the block, Toonami released a promo video showcasing what to expect of the third season’s English dub:
Sword Art Online: Alicization is the anime adaptation of the 4th arc of Reki Kawahara’s series of novels. Alicization is set to air for four cours, or four quarters of a year. It still follows main protagonist Kirito as he participates in the experimental testing of a new FullDive machine called Soul Translator, which utilizes a completely different technology from the other machines that preceded it.
When Kirito’s encounter with a former member of the Death Gun plot ends disastrously, he is smuggled to a secret base in the Pacific Ocean. There he is connected to a Soul Translator to treat his brain damage. With his physical body in a comatose, Kirito wakes up in the Underworld, the place he visits using the Soul Translator, though he retains no memory of his time there. There he is hit by a nagging feeling of familiarity of everything around him, including a golden-haired boy named Eugeo. Who is Eugeo, and why does the name Alice seem to mean so much to him?
Sword Art Online: Alicization premiered in Japan on October 6, 2018 and is still ongoing.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances