News Writer: Raven
Nintendo has announced that Super Mario Bros. 2 and Kirby’s Adventures will be this month’s newest additions to the Nintendo Switch Online. Japanese players get an additional game from the announced update, as Famicom sumo title Tsuppari Oozumou will be made available to them as well when the updates drop on February 14.
The three titles join other classics in the NES Online service such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Metroid and Zelda II: the Adventure of Link.
Originally released for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) in 1993, Kirby’s Adventures is the second Kirby title to be released following Kirby’s Dream Land on the Game Boy. Kirby’s Adventures was the first in the series to feature Kirby’s copy ability, where he swallows enemies to gain their abilities. This ability, which gives him 20 different kinds of special skills, has become a permanent fixture in the series since then. The director of Kirby’s Adventures, Masahiro Sakurai, is also the creator and director of the Super Smash Bros. series.
Super Mario Bros 2, on the other hand, was released for the NES in 1993. Originally appearing in Japan as Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, it was eventually released in the US under the title Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. This was the first game that established key ability differences in Mario and Luigi, and where Princess Peach first became a playable character along with Toad.
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation