News Writer: Raven
Nintendo has announced that Super Mario Bros. 2 and Kirby’s Adventures will be this month’s newest additions to the Nintendo Switch Online. Japanese players get an additional game from the announced update, as Famicom sumo title Tsuppari Oozumou will be made available to them as well when the updates drop on February 14.
The three titles join other classics in the NES Online service such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Metroid and Zelda II: the Adventure of Link.
Originally released for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) in 1993, Kirby’s Adventures is the second Kirby title to be released following Kirby’s Dream Land on the Game Boy. Kirby’s Adventures was the first in the series to feature Kirby’s copy ability, where he swallows enemies to gain their abilities. This ability, which gives him 20 different kinds of special skills, has become a permanent fixture in the series since then. The director of Kirby’s Adventures, Masahiro Sakurai, is also the creator and director of the Super Smash Bros. series.
Super Mario Bros 2, on the other hand, was released for the NES in 1993. Originally appearing in Japan as Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, it was eventually released in the US under the title Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. This was the first game that established key ability differences in Mario and Luigi, and where Princess Peach first became a playable character along with Toad.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances