Another cast member is confirmed to have his comeback in the upcoming 2nd Tokyo Ghoul live-action film as the live-action films’ official website confirms that Minosuke Bando will be reprising his role as Uta.
Last year, the official website of the live-action Tokyo Ghoul films revealed that the second live-action film of the popular franchise is slated to premiere on July 19. A still was also uploaded featuring Masataka Kubota and Maika Yamamoto as Kaneki and Toka respectively.
The film is still tentatively titled as “Tokyo Ghoul 2”. The first live-action film premiered on July 3, 2017 at Anime Expo in Los Angeles, California. It was also debuted in Berlin on July 7 and in Marunouchi Piccadilly Theater in July 10 in Chiyoda, Japan. It officially premiered in Japan on July 29, 2017 and was ranked #5 in the box office on its opening weekend. Funimation was able to screen the first film in US theaters in October 2017.
Kubota will reprising the role of the main character Kaneki Ken. The role of Touka however will now be played by Maika Yamamoto replacing Fumika Shimizu. Shota Matsuda will be joining the cast as Shu Tsukiyama, a character in the original Tokyo Ghoul manga. Shunya Shiraishi will be reprising his role as Nishiki Nishio as well as Kai Ogasawara as Hideyoshi “Hide” Nagachika.
Fumika Shimizu announced her sudden temporary retirement from the entertainment industry in February 2017 to join the controversial Happy Science religion by Ryuho Okawa. Shimizu is notable for her role as Yuki Jojima from Kamen Rider Fourze and Aiko Himeno from HK!!! Hentai Kamen. She is now back to acting under the new name Yoshiko Sengen and currently connected to the religion’s ARI Production Company.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances