News Writer: Raven
An amazing achievement for the beloved video game franchise—Square Enix has just announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 already has a combined total of 5 million sales! This astounding figure, which came from both physical and digital sales of the game, was announced in the game’s official Twitter account.
For comparison, Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 sold a grand total of 6.3 million and 5.2 million copies respectively. These figures were easily beaten by KH3 in just one week since its launch last January 29, making the franchise’s third installment the fastest-selling in its history.
Kingdom Hearts 3 marks the return of Sora and his friends as they journey to eight Disney-themed worlds: Frozen, Big Hero 6, Hercules, Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, Tangled, Toy Story, and Monsters Inc.
First released in 2002 for the Playstation 2, Kingdom Hearts revolves around the adventures of Keyblade wielder Sora, and his travels and encounters with characters from the Disney, Pixar and Final Fantasy universes. Together with Disney characters such as Goofy and Donald Duck, he journeys to different worlds to beat the evil known as Heartless. The franchise has since spawned twelve games for different platforms, most of which were positively received critically and commercially. Well-known Square Enix character designer Tetsuya Nomura serves as the director and designer for the Kingdom Hearts franchise since its inception.
See also: Fans Vote for the Most-Loved Yuri Anime
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation
- Love Live, Revue Starlight VA Mimori Suzuko Marries Pro-Wrestler Kazuchika Okada
- Rurouni Kenshin to Get Last Two Live-Action Movies in 2020
- New Trailer, Details Revealed for 3DCG Remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back Movie
- Kurosawa Dia VA Komiya Arisa to Skip Aqours Activities Due to Allergies