News Writer: Raven
An amazing achievement for the beloved video game franchise—Square Enix has just announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 already has a combined total of 5 million sales! This astounding figure, which came from both physical and digital sales of the game, was announced in the game’s official Twitter account.
For comparison, Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 sold a grand total of 6.3 million and 5.2 million copies respectively. These figures were easily beaten by KH3 in just one week since its launch last January 29, making the franchise’s third installment the fastest-selling in its history.
Kingdom Hearts 3 marks the return of Sora and his friends as they journey to eight Disney-themed worlds: Frozen, Big Hero 6, Hercules, Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, Tangled, Toy Story, and Monsters Inc.
First released in 2002 for the Playstation 2, Kingdom Hearts revolves around the adventures of Keyblade wielder Sora, and his travels and encounters with characters from the Disney, Pixar and Final Fantasy universes. Together with Disney characters such as Goofy and Donald Duck, he journeys to different worlds to beat the evil known as Heartless. The franchise has since spawned twelve games for different platforms, most of which were positively received critically and commercially. Well-known Square Enix character designer Tetsuya Nomura serves as the director and designer for the Kingdom Hearts franchise since its inception.
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation