News Writer: Raven
Drumming up the excitement for the premiere of the 23rd Detective Conan movie, the franchise’s official website has just revealed key visuals and cast members for the new characters.
Ikusaburo Yamazaki plays Leon Lo, a former famous detective in Singapore and criminal psychologist. He is now a businessman and management consultant who has his eyes set on the Blue Sapphire. This objective places him against titular character Conan Edogawa and Kaito Kid, who has long set sights on the precious gem.
Mayuko Kiwakita plays Rachel Cheong, Leon’s headstrong secretary. She helps Leon stand against Conan, but mysteriously has goals other than her superior’s. She secretly tries to fulfil these by getting close to Mouri Kogoro.
Detective Conan: Fist of the Blue Sapphire is the first film in the franchise that will be set outside of Japan. Singapore’s famous Marina Bay Sands will be featured in the movie as the site of a murder case. Kaito Kid’s much-coveted Blue Sapphire, which was said to have sunk to the bottom of the ocean, will also figure prominently in the story. This film marks the first appearance of karate master Makoto Kyogoku in the films, as he confronts Kid for trying to steal the Blue Sapphire. Kaito Kid, on the other hand, drags Conan to Singapore against his will.
Fist of the Blue Sapphire is also Kaito Kid’s return to Detective Conan films since 2015’s Sunflowers of Inferno, the franchise’s 19th film.
Cast regulars Minami Takayama, Wakana Yamazaki, and Rikiya Koyama will return to reprise their roles as Conan, Ran, and Mouri respectively. The movie will be directed by Tomoka Nagaoka, who was assistant director to the Detective Conan: Crimson Love Letter movie.
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- BEASTARS Producer Yoshihiro Watanabe to Guest at Otakon Washington DC
- UPDATE: 25 Confirmed Dead in KyoAni Arson, Suspect Heard Shouting “You Ripped Me Off”
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film