News Writer: Raven
Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) has awarded Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer its top prize for the Animé (Japanese film) category! The winners were announced last Friday, February 1. According to its website, DEG Japan honors the past year’s Japanese bluray disc releases that best utilize BD features in video, audio and other aspects.
Other winners announced were Namie Amuro’s Final Tour 2018 ~Finally!~ for the BD music category, and Kubo and the Two Strings for the foreign animated film category. Disney Pixar’s Coco also won the DEG Japan’s High Quality Award.
Zero the Enforcer is the 22nd movie in the highly successful Detective Conan franchise. Its BD shipped last October, with the deluxe edition topping Oricon’s overall bluray disc rankings for both animation and regular BDs in its first week of release. The regular edition ranked #4 in overall BD sales, and #2 in animation BD sales.
The movie follows titular character Conan Edogawa as he tries to solve the mysterious explosion that happened in the newly-constructed Edge of Ocean convention center and resort, which was supposed to host an international summit meeting. When the presence of Kogori Mouri’s fingerprints in the crime scene implicates the detective as a suspect, Conan must try his best to clean Mouri’s name for the sake of the latter’s daughter and Conan’s love interest Ran.
Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer premiered in Japanese theaters last April 2017 and enjoyed the highest opening weekend for the Detective Conan franchise, grossing at 1.3 billion yen for its first week of release. It is also the highest-earning film in the franchise to date.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances