The hype is indeed real as a report from entertainment news website Deadline on Thursday reveals that the Dragon Ball Super: Broly film has topped the box office at #1 on its opening day earning an estimate of USD $7,000,000. It is also projected that earnings will skyrocket to over US$15 million in six days.
The movie was screening on 1,440 venues including Cinemark XD and 180 IMAX screens on Wednesday.
Dragon Ball Super: Broly takes place after the Dragon Ball Super anime. The Dragon Ball Super manga will be skipping the story of the film but will have its own novel adaptation slated for release on December 14.
The film opened on December 14 in Japan sold more than 820,000 tickets in just in the first three days of screening. It immediately earned more than 1,050,000,000 yen and immediately topped the Japanese box office charts.
Its first world premiere event happened at Nippon Budokan last November 14 and premiered in Japan on December 14 (in regular and 4DX screenings.) The English dub premiere happened at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood on December 13.
Source: Anime News Network
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation